2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

Feel like I must be missing something, but aside from FKA Twigs new releases of note seem a bit thin on the ground this week. Any recommendations?

Celine Dion? Snow Patrol? Jason Derulo? The Script?

MisterWives have a new EP out today, the single from it is fun enough, if a little thin. Nothing major stands out though, I went through the new Crimeapple album (hip-hop), got Woolworm in the queue (indie/punk), Macseal (err.. emo?) and obviously FKA Twigs on the menu.

False Advertising release their official debut today despite knocking round releasing stuff for years. Decent enough alt trio, the guitarist and drummer switch mid set when you see them live, its a bit jarring.

Edited by priest17
remembered

19 minutes ago, Quark said:

Feel like I must be missing something, but aside from FKA Twigs new releases of note seem a bit thin on the ground this week. Any recommendations?

If you like Justice check out the SebastiAn album. Havent got around to listening to it yet but the singles were great.

Second the Max Cooper shout. New Lapalux album was also sounding Jon Hopkins-y from the singles too

Apre released a new EP and they were pretty good supporting Friendly Fires the other week

Definitely a weak week though

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I haven't listened to it yet but Have A Nice Life have a new album out today and I'm sure you liked the single when I posted it a few months ago. 

Really enjoyed FKA Twigs album, I never actually listened to her earlier stuff other than a few singles but this is really good. Not sure about the song with Future on it though.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I haven't listened to it yet but Have A Nice Life have a new album out today and I'm sure you liked the single when I posted it a few months ago. 

I did indeed, good memory that man!  Hadn't seen that come through, I'll add it to the pile. Cheers :)

Magdelene was great but I felt like it kinda dropped off for the second half of the album. Felt like it was missing a banger on the level of Two Wreks too tbh.

SebastiAn album was great, thought the majority of the featurea worked really well (other than maybe the Charlotte Gainsborough track). Wish I hadnt heard Run For Me before, it makes such an amazing closer to the album.

Max Cooper album was a bit of a mixed bag, liked a lot of the dancier tracks but a lot of the more ambient cuts were a bit lost on me.