2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

11 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Nme new album listing.. Not sure how cranberries cab have a new one lol.....

RIP Delores hope your new album does well.. Lok

https://www.nme.com/new-album-releases

That one came out back in April pal, went through final production after she died I think. Not a bad album either, poignant to listen to.

32 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I found it so boring tbh, really sad about that one as everyone has been raving about it

I was a bit baffled by the singles up until So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings which I really fucked with and then the rest of it fell into place and now I listen to the album and I cannot comprehend how there was once a time when Door didn't floor me on every listen.

8 hours ago, Quark said:

That one came out back in April pal, went through final production after she died I think. Not a bad album either, poignant to listen to.

Ah cool.. Didn't even look at dates.. Funny init do that on faceache.. You like or comment on something only to find out your a year late lol 

I got the new Lankum album ‘The Livelong Day’ yesterday (on its release day). Also went to see them last night at Vicar Street in Dublin. It is unbelievably good. Weird and wonderful!

I have been a Lankum fan for a while and saw them when the opened The Park stage this year.

20 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Posted about these on here back when the album came out (February, it seems), glad they're getting some love

Annoying when stuff slips through your fingers, especially when I read this thread so religiously! Great shout either way.

Genuinely think this year has been one of the best (so far) for choons.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

After all my excitement it turned out to be a pretty meh weekend for new releases for me. Kanye was extremempy dissapointing, Rex Orange County was a snoozefest, King Princess wasnt as sticky as her EP and Adele didnt even bother to turn up.

new Swans is right good though.

Edited by Guy Incognito

On Facebook & Twitter I read loads of people slagging the new Courteeners tune off. So, I assumed it would be better than normal... it is different. The instrumental, I actually quite like, which for the courteeners is an achievement as I usually hate the lot.

The talking verses by Liam Fray is just quite odd. The chorus is shit.

It is different for them, but it's like a few ideas lobbed together without the cohesion required to make a decent tune.... but better than their usual garbage.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

On Facebook & Twitter I read loads of people slagging the new Courteeners tune off. So, I assumed it would be better than normal... it is different. The instrumental, I actually quite like, which for the courteeners is an achievement as I usually hate the lot.

The talking verses by Liam Fray is just quite odd. The chorus is shit.

It is different for them, but it's like a few ideas lobbed together without the cohesion required to make a decent tune.... but better than their usual garbage.

It feels like they've been listening to lots of LCD Soundsystem and tried to write a song in that style but as you say it just doesn't work at all.