2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

13 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Pretty sure it was you who switched me on to him earlier this year? Really like the 2nd album, maybe a bit more upbeat that the first? Made my afternoon at work fly in anyway. 

Probably buddy, I’ve been banging the Tourist drum a while now. 

I love the album too. 2 really good albums in the space of 8 months. 

Didn’t even realise it was coming out until a few days ago and really wasn’t expecting much after their first comeback album was pretty tepid, but the new Refused album is really good and sounding a lot more like The Shape of Punk to Come, with elements of their more commercial sound from the last one. Been getting a lot of play from me today.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:02 PM, FloorFiller said:

Was expecting to not be a big fan of Jimmy Eat World’s new’un as I generally prefer them when they’re being moody/emo rather than upbeat but some good shit on here. Doubt it’ll get as much replays as Integrity Blues which I still fuck with these days but it’ll do for now. 

One of the new singles of theirs is the best thing they've put out since 2004 for me. Saw them in Sheffield and it was a good laugh, must be great having The Middle in your back pocket, it's always gonna be a top gig finishing with that.

Black people always used to say, "I'm in the house" instead of "I'm here." But then white people all started to say "in the house" so we switched it to "in the hizzouse." Hizzouse became hizzizzouse, and then white folk started saying that, and we had to change it to hizzie, then "in the hizzle" which we had to change to "hizzle fo shizzle," and now, because white people say "hizzle fo shizzle," we have to say "flippity-floppity-floop". 

• Upvote 2

Why will Beck be shite? I liked his last one! The one before was even better.

Flaming Lips new one isn’t particularly new but it’s a romp of an album.

In an effort to remain current, I’ll call out Ashnikko as someone else that’s floating the boat. The Hi It’s Me ep is worth an earful.

21 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Why will Beck be shite? I liked his last one! The one before was even better.

You will probably like it then. Just kinda assumed the only people digging that album were the Grammy judges that Beck knows personally from church.

Beck and Pharrell Williams is the 'lame pop dad' match made in hell though, made only worse by Chris Martin apparently appearing on the album. Can't keep letting him get away with this just because we fuck with Odelay.

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You will probably like it then. Just kinda assumed the only people digging that album were the Grammy judges that Beck knows personally from church.

Beck and Pharrell Williams is the 'lame pop dad' match made in hell though, made only worse by Chris Martin apparently appearing on the album. Can't keep letting him get away with this just because we fuck with Odelay.

Guess I’m a lame pop dad then. Or at least a lame pop dad lover! Thought Wow was a splendid slice of Neptunes, seemed inevitable Pharrell would hook up with him eventually.

Been playing my favourite albums of the last decade the past few weeks - Pure Phase definitely top 20 of mine.

5 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Guess I’m a lame pop dad then. Or at least a lame pop dad lover! Thought Wow was a splendid slice of Neptunes, seemed inevitable Pharrell would hook up with him eventually.

Been playing my favourite albums of the last decade the past few weeks - Pure Phase definitely top 20 of mine.

Wow was good. Rest of the disc... terrible!

And ayy I love Spiritualized too brother! ??

I do like Morning Phase though, not trying to shit on that one.

Edited by dentalplan

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Wow was good. Rest of the disc... terrible!

And ayy I love Spiritualized too brother! ??

I do like Morning Phase though, not trying to shit on that one.

Spent all morning at my desk trying to work out the Spiritualized tag.... 

RBCF have to be there next year - they were conspicuous by their absence in June. Saw them at Deer Shed and they sound incredible live. 

5 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Spent all morning at my desk trying to work out the Spiritualized tag.... 

RBCF have to be there next year - they were conspicuous by their absence in June. Saw them at Deer Shed and they sound incredible live. 

Agreed. Great live sound. Was gutted they weren't around this year.