2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

Absolute stonker of a day for new releases today:

Angel Olsen great. Think I personally prefer the guitar heavy direction of her previous work a bit more but this is still brilliant.

DIIV is great. Loved all the pre-release stuff and the rest doesn’t disappoint. Best full album they’ve done by far imo. 

Danny Brown’s new’un isn’t quite up there with Old for me on first listen but it’s still great and I’m sure it’ll grow with each listen.

Nick Cave is absolutely brilliant and devastating. Not too much of a departure from the stark sound of Skeleton Tree but just as captivating. 

Still got new Wilco and probably more(?) to come.

Lotta love for Girl Band the other week, worth checking out this EP from Thank if you were a part of that. Probably a bit more comparable to Girl Band's earlier stuff but still its fucking great. Out proppa on Friday (although I'm glad they've premiered it today coz I'm just gonna bish bosh bash Richard Dawson's new one all Friday)

http://post-trash.com/news/2019/10/9/thank-please-ep-post-trash-premiere

Not sure if it will be 2019 New Music or 2020 New Music but British Sea Power played a load of new stuff for the first time last night and it sounded great, a lot of it was more of the same but a couple heavier songs that went down really well. I'll be looking forward to seeing how it sounds on record.

I haven't heard it yet but Richard Dawson's new one is out today and if the singles anything to go by its going to be amazing, slamming it on as soon as this conference call finishes. I highly recommend already.

Thank EP out today officially if you're into dance-punk.

Kim Gordons is out today, I've liked the singles so looking forward to that.

Allah-Las got a new one out if you like garage rock kinda shite

Babymetal got a new album out if you can be arsed.

There's a few others but they might be shit and I don't want their recommendations to my name ahah

First solo single from Michael Stipe came out this week. Review and music video in the link below.  I like it because, quite frankly, he could release an album of farts, burps and whistles and I'd go for it.  But I wouldn't call it earth shattering.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/michael-stipe-your-capricious-soul/