2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

2019 is a great year for new music for me. All my favourites are releasing albums this year.

Ryan Bingham: American love song / The Waterboys: Where the action is / Justin Townes Earle: The saint of lost causes / Bruce Springsteen: Western stars / Frank Turner: No man’s land / Martin Simpson: Rooted.

Still to come: Lankum!

5E6A18A3-BD1D-4B78-9D52-88DA7E573B3D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Today should be a good day. No meetings, quiet day in the office. Means I can crack on with the important work of spinning Pixies, Sam Fender and Metronomy. Will squeeze in Charli XCX, Mahalia and Sampa if I get time. 

God bless Fridays!

See if you can get to Alex Cameron's, he's a beautiful man.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Left behind the bins is it? Asking for a friend

Well you may well jest about such things, but we live in a mid terrace with no kind of front yard so our bins are just out on the pavement in front of the house because that's the only place for them. We had about four incidents in a row of the post sticking it in the paper bin and quelle surprise in a high crime area it wasn't there when we got home... Apart from the one occasion when it was bin day and by the time I get home my new cagoule was off on its way to be recycled. They seem to have fucking learned since then.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Well you may well jest about such things, but we live in a mid terrace with no kind of front yard so our bins are just out on the pavement in front of the house because that's the only place for them. We had about four incidents in a row of the post sticking it in the paper bin and quelle surprise in a high crime area it wasn't there when we got home... Apart from the one occasion when it was bin day and by the time I get home my new cagoule was off on its way to be recycled. They seem to have fucking learned since then.

At least yours leave it in the bin.  Our way they just leave it on the front step, regardless of whether we're in or not. Hermes are the fucking worst for it. Luckily we're in a village where crime is more likely to be someone putting their recycling in the wrong bin otherwise we'd never get anything we order.

Anyway, rant over. Enjoy Berlin! Never been there, on our list to visit.

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

3 songs in and I might not get past Sam Fender tbh. First album that's grabbed my like this since RBCF last year.

Fair one, was gonna swerve that one but I'll give it a go. I have a relatively calm work day for the first time in months so can leisurely peruse the 8 album's I'm excited about today. 

And no, surprisingly Puddle Of Mud's isn't one of those.

Charli xcx is v good if not a bit overlong/very front loaded.

Gave Pixies a cursory listen and as expectedly I doubt I’ll be returning to it. It ain’t bad, but it isn’t very memorable.

(Sandy) Alex G is a good’un

For some reason I’ve never bothered with Alex Cameron before despite a lot of chat on here about him so went in to his album blind and I loved it. Will definitely be checking out his old stuff.