2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

Don't be fooled by the amount of stars in this review, I think the reviewer might actually dislike this album...

I think hating music is a bit of a waste of energy but The Quietus is at it's best when it's scorn burns your eyes as you read it, glorious stuff.

https://thequietus.com/articles/26802-ed-sheeran-collaborations-6-review?fbclid=IwAR3wVlZFydAd1EnC59ADYOoQiIlVJxa8yStMSIRD1AKs1zvkLCPcRMcPHgM

The Quietus blocked me on twitter when I made a mildly disparaging remark about their snobby attitude in a tweet that I hadn't @'d them into. So not only are they soft-arses that cannot take criticism, but they're also narcissistic enough to search their own name on the socials. 

The Mark Ronson album is decent enough. He's always struggled to maintain quality over a full album but there's generally a few decent tracks. Better is his Club Heartbreak playlist on Apple Music.

27 minutes ago, Badlands said:

The Quietus blocked me on twitter when I made a mildly disparaging remark about their snobby attitude in a tweet that I hadn't @'d them into. So not only are they soft-arses that cannot take criticism, but they're also narcissistic enough to search their own name on the socials.

That sounds about right. I let them off for coming up with lines like "Recommendation: If you listen to it on Spotify, listen on the f***ing free version, because, believe me, you’ll be grateful for the respite of the f***ing ads!"

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

?

Is it just me or are Chris' vocals realy weirdly processed? Like it still sounds good but there is no way I would have guessed it was her if I had listened to them without knowing she was on the track (other than she is the only person I know off the top of my head that sings on french).

Can't wait for the album now though, it looks like it is shaping up yo be a bit more N1A than Pop2 (which I like as Pop2 was a bit too abrasive and "anti pop" during choruses at times for me)

EDIT : Should also mention that that bridge is fantastic

Edited by Mattymooz

13 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Is it just me or are Chris' vocals realy weirdly processed?

Feel like that's happened to a few people who've guested of Charli XCX songs to be fair: their vocals processed in a different way to how they would be on one of their own records.

I like it though. I like the idea of guest spots being a case of the guest entering fully into someone else's aesthetic universe.

Full debut album from IDER out today.  Seen them on my Twitter feed a few times, never heard their stuff but gave it a spin when it popped up on the new releases list this morning.

Lovely vocals, going to take a few goes to decide if it's one to put in the repeat listen pile but like it on first go.

23 hours ago, hillwalker said:

Anyone here a fan of Tusks? The new album was out a few weeks ago and she's playing a small show in London at the village underground in November .

i am pretty sure I saw her support a small Icelandic band in Nottingham last year, Vox I think, she was really good

1 hour ago, pryce said:

i am pretty sure I saw her support a small Icelandic band in Nottingham last year, Vox I think, she was really good

I saw her in a small venue near London Bridge earlier in the year and she was great. I'd quite like to see her on the farm so fingers crossed she turns up somewhere next year.

August is looking lit, we got new Ty Segall album, Slipknot album (with surprisingly good singles), a double Oh Sees album, a thrash metal King Gizzard album, Sleater Kinney album, Tropical Fuck Storm album, !!! album and Girl Band single.

There's also Feeder, Taylor Swift, Friendly Fires, Hold Steady and Frank Turner albums but they can wait.

This came out last week. Thought Alabama Shakes were excellent at Glasto in 2015 so I've been keeping an eye out for new stuff ever since. It's solo material instead so maybe the band are done, or at least on hiatus, but this hits pretty much the same spot.

Edited by Odessa