2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

3 hours ago, AldoTVAOF said:

Hatchie's debut album is tremendous, in my top 3 for AOTY so far alongside Fontaines DC and Stella Donnelly.

Agreed on Hatchie. Not surprised, given I love everything she's released so far.

Saw her in Leeds last week at Heavenly weekend, and now even more disappointed she's not on the farm this year.

I know anything non-Glastonbury 2019 related is getting relegated to page 7 soon as its posted but this is too good not to share, Oh Sees releasing a double album the same day we get King Gizzard's thrash album, they've released a 21 minute song to showcase it and it's beautiful.

Almost feels like Gizz and Oh Sees are swapping places for this one ahah. Got a Ty album out that month as well (although that leaked ages ago). August looks good.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Quark said:

New Palace album out today.  Nice on first listen, never going to be full of bangers but it's what I'd describe as a really nice summer soundscape.

The less enthused would probably call it as BBQ music :lol:

But I like it

Listening now and it's nice so far. Their last album was easy on the ears.

New Nas yet to drop and Bloody Orange has a new mixtape out. Looking forward to those.

33 minutes ago, nikkic said:

My head has been buried deep in @Brave Sir Robin‘s playlist the last few months.

What have I missed new music wise? 

Any notable albums I need to give a spin?

I cant stop listening to Prettiest Eyes new one, straight into my top 5 of the year. Sounds somewhere between Oh Sees and Suicide.

43 minutes ago, nikkic said:

My head has been buried deep in @Brave Sir Robin‘s playlist the last few months.

What have I missed new music wise? 

Any notable albums I need to give a spin?

My favourite from the last few months is Dave - Psychodrama. 

Kate Tempest, Mattiel and Cut Capers are also fab. 

Started catching up this weekend on releases that I have missed. The new Yonaka, Holy Ghost and Banks albums are all very patchy imo, some good songs but a lot of crap too. Mark Ronsons album is suprisingly good too (especially compared to his other 2 which were very eh). I have also listened to the Two Door record a couple more times, still an overwhelming meh from me. The new SG Lewis EP is suprisingly good. I was really fond of his Yours EP but everything since has been a bit of a miss for me, this (especially the Honne track) is much better.

The new Wave Racer is very enjoyable, kinda reminds me of Iglooghost. Really enjoyed the latest PVRIS cut too, interesting direction they are going in (more electronic, kinda a shame as my favourite track of theirs is My House, but I actually really enjoy this new track too). New Madeon is also really interesting, not sure it sticks out to me much as a single but in the context of an album it'll probably fare better. The latest Flume single started really good, but the second half didnt really do anything for me. Metronomy single is fucking awesome, they've always been on my radar but that track is great.

Heard good things about the new Tycho record too so will be listening to that tomorrow

On 7/12/2019 at 2:28 PM, jyoung said:

Just listened to Tiny Changes. Daughter's cover of Poke really punches home. As do the Manchester Orchestra and The Twilight Sad tracks. Not sure what to say about it tbh. Emotional listen.

Wow. Was in tears at both the Daughter and Manchester Orchestra covers. The lyrics really do hit hard.