2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

On 6/7/2019 at 6:43 PM, FloorFiller said:

I thought you might’ve been exaggerating and that it couldn’t be that bad, but lol yeah even for Liam who isn’t one for switching  things up much its pretty fucking shite isn’t it? Gonna be a low point in his setlist at G for sure.

Feels like the 'hey' kinda chant has been put in there purely to liven it up for a crowd, cos the song isn't great at all. Was a clash for me SVE v Liam, but I'm swinging to SVE even though I've only just seen her on tour. I would like a big Pyramid singalong however. 

45 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Feels like the 'hey' kinda chant has been put in there purely to liven it up for a crowd, cos the song isn't great at all. Was a clash for me SVE v Liam, but I'm swinging to SVE even though I've only just seen her on tour. I would like a big Pyramid singalong however. 

As shite as that new song is, the Oasis songs are an instant deal sealer for me. Liam’s not exactly a magnificent live prospect, but Rock N Roll Star, Morning Glory, Champagne Supernova, Some Might Say, Live Forever etc on the Pyramid/being belted out by the entire Pyramid crowd? That’ll do me.

Although it must also be mentioned that he’s also started doing fucking Lyla and Roll With It...

Been listening to The Membranes new album that came out on Friday all week, never really given them much time before (despite my insistence at pointing out Jonn Robb whenever I see him at a gig or walking down the street) but this a solid Post-Rock album, better than I expected.

On 6/12/2019 at 12:49 PM, Brownie30 said:

New BANKS single ft. Francis and the Lights is a decent enough return, new album out soon it seems too.

I honestly though this track was a bit of a mess, Gimme was easily the better of the 2 imo. The production on this one is all over the place, the autotune is really harsh (especially when her vocals are great without the autotune anyway) and the feature really added nothing to the track.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Charli and Taylor both announcing within hours of each other, fucking hell are they trying to kill me?

Amy Lawn 1992 - 2019: stanned too hard and died

Really tempted by Charli's UK tour at the end of October too as it looks like she ain't doing Glasto. That and Flume in the same week for me is gonna be quite the set of shows.

Great day for new releases: Springsteen, Baroness, Bill Callahan, Crumb, Madge, probably some more I’ve forgot.

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Seems like a decent album track but a not too spectacular single. Much better than ME! mind which became more of an earworm yet equally more blood boiling with each listen. 

7 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Really tempted by Charli's UK tour at the end of October too as it looks like she ain't doing Glasto. That and Flume in the same week for me is gonna be quite the set of shows.

I'm 100% going to the Manchester show. Means I'm going to have to come home from holiday 2 days early but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. It's going to be so incredible.

That Cosmics EP is really good, hope they are up in Scotland soon.  Really like the new Miles Kane single, understand he isn't for everybody but think it's excellent.

LA band Pinky Pinky have their debut LP out today, sort of garage rock from LA really good album!  Also, new Black Honey out but not overly impressed on first listen...is a bit bland.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Great day for new releases: Springsteen, Baroness, Bill Callahan, Crumb, Madge, probably some more I’ve forgot.

Kate Tempest is out today if that's your sort of thing.

Stonefield released their thirds album today and its brilliant. Worth a go if you're into psychy flightless stuff. Think a modern female Aussie Black Sabbath. But a bit more fun.

Listening to Kate Tempest - very much more minimalist than her last release, and less varied I felt. Which isn't to say it's not brilliant (it is), just that I found myself hoping for a beat on more than one occasion.

But this is great, especially the second half. 'Hold Your Own' is basically soul food, and great to hear People's Face's make an appearance after basically being peak Glastonbury 2017.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Listening to Kate Tempest - very much more minimalist than her last release, and less varied I felt. Which isn't to say it's not brilliant (it is), just that I found myself hoping for a beat on more than one occasion.

But this is great, especially the second half. 'Hold Your Own' is basically soul food, and great to hear People's Face's make an appearance after basically being peak Glastonbury 2017.

Agreed & like all her stuff it gets better with more listens, so much to take in. Keep moving don`t move is ace