2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

Got an advance on the Murder Capital debut. Underwhelming, on a first listen, maybe because I was expecting a real wild-child post punk record. Nick Cave fans will take to it, not as much narrative though.

Pretty tune that Whitney cut, even if it's brief. Props to them for forging their own gorgeous sound one album and one song in.

Likey likey that Pixies tune as well, quelle surprise. Getting vibes of some of Charles' solo albums off that one. Will be sure to check out the accompanying podcast, or listen to about three and become hideously backlogged as I do with every podcast.

9 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Confirmation that Jai Paul is real, and not just a collective false memory of the digital age.

Edit: The demo album he scrapped after it was leaked is now also on Spotify

So so good. Secret set at Glasto in a box room in middle of nowhere please 

Really like that Whitney song, probably not listened to them since that summer when 'No Woman' was everywhere, might dig out the album this weekend.

I'm late to it, and it's not new really, couple of months old, but I'm digging Stella Donnelly right now. 

I love this thread on Fridays. My guess is that today will be a big day for Glastonbury artists’ releases.

On the half dozen or so that Spotify highlight I saw an album from Aurora (anyone seen her live? What’s she like?) and singles from Liam and Camelphat. And on my release radar I’ve got loads - Little Simz, Fatboy Slim, DJ Zinc, and a two-birds-with-one-stone Patrick Topping remix of Sam Fender.

Actually, I’m listening to Sam Fender now. Saw him at the Great Escape last year. He was alright, but wouldn’t have gone again. But listening to this Topping remix, I might give the rest of his stuff another listen. 

Also the Fatboy Slim is good. Mature. Different. But he really needs the confidence to let go with the callback to his old stuff. I think it’s good enough on its own without the reference point of his own material. I didn’t have much interest in seeing him again (love him but seen him too often), but if he’s taken a slight change of direction, as this single suggests, then I definitely would. Anyone seen him recently? Is it a new FbS, or same old same old? 

Whats on everyone else’s Release Radar? Anything good out there today? 

• Like 1

If you like "psych", Temples new single out ahead of new album in September, Is Bliss album released today - saw them at Liverpool Psych Fest a couple of years ago. 

• Like 1

Checked out Chon's new self titled album, decent if you're into your math rock/progressive metal. Nebula's new album Holy Shit, doesn't really live up to its name, its a fun enough listen if you like fuzzy psychy guitar solos. think King Gizz if they listened to more Led Zepplin, but not as good as you'd imagine that would sound.

Speaking of Gizz, offshoot band Pipe-Eye released an album today that's great fun. Probably the only album out today that'll end up with many repeat listens.

10 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

That new Liam Gallagher song is just about the most average, by the numbers, MOTR, bland pieces of shit I've ever heard.

I thought you might’ve been exaggerating and that it couldn’t be that bad, but lol yeah even for Liam who isn’t one for switching  things up much its pretty fucking shite isn’t it? Gonna be a low point in his setlist at G for sure.