2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

Damn, the new Tyler the Creator album is great . I'm a huge fan of Flower Boy and I think this is just as good.

Also, I can't believe how good the new Biffy album is - it's the best thing they've done in years. 

Edited by Henrik

24 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I've had this single on repeat all weekend, top tune.

Glad you're enjoying.  If you've not already, I'd check out their previous 2 singles, The Vicar's Fingers will be especially up your street if you liked the organ sounds of the new single.

On another note, another new one from Amyl & the Sniffers out today ahead of the album on Friday which I'm really looking forward to giving a spin!

Folks, I am pleased to report the upcoming arrival of a new Ezra Furman album this August. Sounds like he's moving away from the baroque pop of his last one for some punchier punk stuff like this. I'll be listening to this alongside the new album by Titus Andronicus, who are doing the exact same thing next month, because the musical universe is apparently catering directly to me this year.

Edited by Mash011
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Folks, I am pleased to report the upcoming arrival of a new Ezra Furman album this August. Sounds like he's moving away from the baroque pop of his last one for some punchier punk stuff like this. I'll be listening to this alongside the new album by Titus Andronicus, who are doing the exact same thing next month, because the musical universe is apparently catering directly to me this year.

YES! Really loved his last album but I'm well up for getting more Tip Of A Match type material.

38 minutes ago, golden egg said:

Has Jamila Woods’ album been mentioned in here? So good - start to finish. Her US tour ends 26/6.. any chance?

Album is brilliant yeah, although what with her June tour being in the US she’s unfortunately pretty much ruled out.

Fuck, I love the Jungle....

(L O U D please

adjective
adjective: loud; comparative adjective: louder; superlative adjective: loudest
  1. 1.
    producing or capable of producing much noise.

)

Edited by bamber

Think it was out a few months ago, but it's new to me.

The wonderful Sacred Paws (previous winners of Scottish album of the year) have a new single:

Album to go with it due out at the end of this month. Loved their first album. Wish they'd been booked for Glasto. They'd fit in with Emily's attempt to promote more female acts

New Middle Kids EP is enjoyable, although seems to be more of the same rather than any progression from the album.  Really enjoying Whenyoung's debut record, a fair few catchy singles on there, looking forward to seeing them again tomorrow.  Not been able to give Amyl & the Sniffers record a spin yet but will love it if the singles are anything to go by.

30 minutes ago, Quark said:

That was always going to be a high bar to meet!

True.

I must say I'm impressed at how people in this thread manage to keep on top of new releases particularly when there's a whole Glastonbury line up to get to grips with! 

Today was somehow a better day of releases than last week. Flying Lotus won it. honourable mentions to Amyl and the Sniffers (fun Punky type stuff), Black Mountain (big psych riffs), Los Scallywags (worst name ever contender, good Aussie garage sound), Surbort (EP over before it begins, its a fun blast though) and one of my favourite bands The Intelligence (slower than I'd hoped for, I love them though, I'll work on it during the week).

Edited by priest17