2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

5 hours ago, Billjames7 said:

New from The Black Keys with album due out 28 June 

Isn't that from a couple of weeks back? New track on Thursday though, according to their Twitter. 

Be interesting to see where they place at festivals next year. Can they step up? Could see Reading taking a punt. 

5 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Isn't that from a couple of weeks back? New track on Thursday though, according to their Twitter. 

Be interesting to see where they place at festivals next year. Can they step up? Could see Reading taking a punt. 

Ah yeah I’d only just picked up in this one, both releases sounding good to me. I could see them maybe headline Reading if new album goes down well with some singles getting on the mainstream radio. If not then maybe Latitude, IOW. Hopefully a tour incoming this Autumn/Winter

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Enjoying Drecksound by Hash Redactor. Memphis based. Pixies meets Jon Spencer sort of thing.

Just blasted through this album and it's good, I like it, cheers. Reminds me of Flat Worms.

Edited by priest17

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Just blasted through this album and it's good, I like it, cheers. Reminds me of Flat Worms.

Very raw but one to keep an eye out for in the future. Memphis seem to be the yin to the load of shit yang coming out of Nashville. 

Yeah theres some good stuff coming out of Nashville too but I mean the country pop rubbish.

Edited by The Nal

36 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Have you heard SONS (The newer belgian ones, british band from 2016ish)? But more psych-y but the albums well worth a go, came out last month

Haven't chief no, cheers, will give it a go now.

Liking this. Few belters on there. That Ricochet tune is an absolute belter.

Edited by The Nal

9 hours ago, priest17 said:

ya kasa-boi-an Sergio has been listening to Little Simz album on repeat and decided he wants a slice of that. Sounds pretty good, I'll probably see how this solo album plays out with more interest than a new Kasabian album.

I'd be very happy if SLP were to turn up and do a "Secret set" - Tom's been doing some DJ'ing locally as well.....

35 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

BIG NEWS!

WE ARE NOW OFFICIALLY IN THE XCX3 ERA! NO WIG IS SAFE!

PLEASE GOD CAN CHARLI BE ON THE FULL LINE_UP!

Wow this is a very different vibe from Track 10. I like it but it isnt blowing me away, dont think it will be as big of a hit as 1999. Solid start for a new album though, happy shes finally getting tp put one out after being stuck on mixtapes for so long

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Not going to win over any new fans but I'm really liking this 

Big fan (or at least used to be) of Slipknot but this sounds very by the numbers to me. Not that Slipknot are exactly known for their big reinventions, but it sounds like I’ve heard this a lot before and they’ve just added the choir bits to differentiate it in any way from previous stuff.

• Like 1

Absolute corker of a New Music Friday this week. I Am Easy to Find could end up being up there with my very favourite The National records. Where is Her Head, Oblivions, Quiet Light and Rylan in particular are exceptional. I'll be blasting out the new Carly Rae Jepsen album in the afternoon and though they don't tend to get a lot of love in these parts the surprise album / soundtrack from Biffy Clyro is going down very well halfway through! Spotify is suggesting I listen to Lewis Capaldi mind, and I don't know how I feel about that. 

Edited by Brownie30
  • Like 1

Not sure on The SLP project based on the first single, interested on how the rest of the album(?) goes.

2 new singles from Easy Life, more of the same from them but sounding decent.

Another single from Yonaka, a new one from The Hives, and another release from The Black Keys upcoming album. 

A great new music Friday to set up for the weekend!

Really liking Tylers new album. He’s always been a great producer but it really shines on this one I think.

Carly Rae’s is good without being the pop masterclass I’m sure a lot of people were hoping for. Doesn’t quite have the highs of Emotion but there’s enough here for fans of big pop belters.

Got through half of Rammstein’s album which is sounding more or less exactly like you’d expect, which is only a good thing for me.

Still got The National and Slowthai lined up. Anything else that might’ve slipped under my radar on this already music packed day?