2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

ya bois IDLES are back after being gone for so, so long. It's pretty good, I can't imagine they'll have a new album any time soon though so they're probably getting this out before they attack all the festivals coming up.

It’s an outtake from Joy I believe, makes sense as it sounds pretty rough for me if I’m honest

Aye this Big Thief album is something special. Was a big fan of their last two albums but this has stepped it up a notch by stripping everything right back. Haven’t checked what they’re doing over Glastonbury weekend but would love them to pop up, but may also just buy a ticket to their Manchester show.

15 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Anything to look out for today?

Mac DeMarco, Charly Bliss, Jamalia Woods, Tim Hecker are the ones I'll be giving a listen.

Not too much to get excited about this week but then next week week we have The National, Carly Rae Jepsen, Rammstein and Tyler, the Creator - HYPE!

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Curious to hear more thoughts on the DeMarco one, the singles have been so lethargic I cant even muster the energy to put it on.

Yeah can't say I'm particularly enthused about this one as the singles haven't done a whole lot for me but will give it a cursory listen at some point in the day.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah can't say I'm particularly enthused about this one as the singles haven't done a whole lot for me but will give it a cursory listen at some point in the day.

I'm sure I'll get round to it at some point, it doesn't have any particular release day hype though. The Vampire Weekend one has really come into it's own over the week, I cant turn it off now. It's only the aptly named My Mistake I'd take off it.

New banga from Do Nothing. From Handshakes I thought they were gonna be a National style band but this clearly has some different influences, they've clearly been listening to more LCD Soundsystem and The Fall since then (with very minor echoes of Lawmen - Girl Band, might be a stretch though ahah)