2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

5 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Lots of new stuff to listen to today then! New Local Natives album too ?

Yes! Came specifically here to mention Local Natives. Listened daily to the already released songs for the last weeks and I really like it.

So only focussed on that release, but now I see loads of other interesting new stuff.

Edited by StupidDream
Typo

1 hour ago, StupidDream said:

Yes! Came specifically here to mention Local Natives. Listened daily to the already released songs for the last weeks and I really like it.

So only focussed on that release, but now I see loads of other interesting new stuff.

It's better than their last one then? I really didn't get on with that after loving the first 2.

Listened to Marinas album this morning and was very dissapointed. Also listened to the new TSwift, Mahalia, EDEN, G-Flip and Stormzy tracks all of which were pretty dissapointing too.

Anyone know if the new Nick Murphy album is any good? Never gotten into his solo stuff but I really enjoyed hia work with Flume.

1 hour ago, Hawros said:

It's better than their last one then? I really didn't get on with that after loving the first 2.

Took me a bit of time to get into LP3 - still, if I haven't listened to it for quite a while I'm having some troubles with some of the songs. Haven't had the chance today to properly listen to LP4, but I like the four songs already released. Have to admit it took me a few listens to fully appreciate the first two singles. But I (and probably most of us) have that a lot with new music. The sound is a bit old-fashioned yet new. Hard to explain and compare. Not necessarily similar to previous albums, but I would say it sounds rather happy. Some vocals come off as a bit weak at first.

If you loved the first two, would definitely give it a couple of spins, like you'd for most acts I presume. But I'm a huge (rambling) fan :P

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Listened to Marinas album this morning and was very dissapointed. Also listened to the new TSwift, Mahalia, EDEN, G-Flip and Stormzy tracks all of which were pretty dissapointing too.

Anyone know if the new Nick Murphy album is any good? Never gotten into his solo stuff but I really enjoyed hia work with Flume.

I listened to the first half of the Marina album when she released it a few weeks ago and yeah, other than Handmade Heaven I wasn't really too into the rest so doubt I'll bother with the full thing. I thought the Nick Murphy album was alright, I reckon you would probably enjoy it. 

King Gizzard's album has been the highlight for me so far, one of their best albums yet. I quite enjoyed Local Natives album too.

Catching up on last week's releases as well.  Anyone else given the Stealing Sheep album a go?  Really enjoying it, not exactly bangers but got a really good, kinda woozy spacey synth thing going on. Worth getting your ears around. Parts of it put me in mind of Ashes to Ashes era Bowie, just in terms of the synth sounds