2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

Just popped down to Rough Trade for a cheeky in-store with Jade Bird. She's the real deal.

I know there's a little rumbling on here that the album is sounding like it's taking her in a little radio-friendly/MOR direction, but she's certainly got it.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 8:04 AM, Mouseboy11 said:

Really looking forward to the new Fat Whites album

Just put on the new album. I'm cautiously excited... 

I don't particularly like old FWF but Feet is one of my favourite songs of the year so far! 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

Just put on the new album. I'm cautiously excited... 

I don't particularly like old FWF but Feet is one of my favourite songs of the year so far! 

Never bothered with them previously as I assumed it was some gimmicky band of dickheads judging on what I’d heard but got the new one on now for the same reason as you and I’m liking it a lot more than I thought I would. 

Had new Wand on before this and that album is (as expected) excellent. Both gonna be getting a lot of plays from me in the coming weeks. 

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Never bothered with them previously as I assumed it was some gimmicky band of dickheads judging on what I’d heard but got the new one on now for the same reason as you and I’m liking it a lot more than I thought I would. 

Had new Wand on before this and that album is (as expected) excellent. Both gonna be getting a lot of plays from me in the coming weeks. 

Yeah it's not bad, is it? I wonder what their live set is like now. 

I'm not familiar with Wand, sounds like it's worth putting on after? 

4 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Ive been enjoying the shit out of Jungle's new album. Theres a load of good songs on it. I think their set is going to be an absolute party. Its perfect festival party music.

Saw them on tour in Leeds and it reminded me how fun they are live. If they are after Maribou State on West Holts it's gonna be a great couple of hours! 

4 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Ive been enjoying the shit out of Jungle's new album. Theres a load of good songs on it. I think their set is going to be an absolute party. Its perfect festival party music.

When you say "new album", do they have one newer than "For Ever" which is their latest on spotify from 2018. It's very good though.

Also, I just added them to my "What's the best Track By" therad for today if you fancy voting.

34 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

When you say "new album", do they have one newer than "For Ever" which is their latest on spotify from 2018. It's very good though.

Also, I just added them to my "What's the best Track By" therad for today if you fancy voting.

I thought this. Most recent album is 6 months old isn’t it? 

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Yeah sorry I thought it was a 2019 release. I only realized they had a new album because Spotify recommended it to me!

No drama, I was just checking as I thought I’d missed something new! Anyway, I agree latest album is great! 

5 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

New Fat White Family is great. Theyve got a proper good set of albums in their discography now, especially if you include their various side projects (warmduscher, insecure men and the moonlandingz)

I don't think they've topped Moonlandingz yet.

8 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

New Fat White Family is great. Theyve got a proper good set of albums in their discography now, especially if you include their various side projects (warmduscher, insecure men and the moonlandingz)

I love this band (plus all spin offs & associated acts - Moonlandingz, Insecure Men IOTP , new album is indeed great - no it's better than that.

On Wikipedia they list a band genres (never understood this and most genres I've never heard of- but that's another discussion). They need a new genre for FWF - "Malevolent Sleaze."

I'm seeing them in Nottingham in  3 weeks - I so can't wait for that because they are even better live than on record. 

11 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

I love this band (plus all spin offs & associated acts - Moonlandingz, Insecure Men IOTP , new album is indeed great - no it's better than that.

On Wikipedia they list a band genres (never understood this and most genres I've never heard of- but that's another discussion). They need a new genre for FWF - "Malevolent Sleaze."

I'm seeing them in Nottingham in  3 weeks - I so can't wait for that because they are even better live than on record. 

Glad to hear that you're still loving Fat Whites. I've got tickets to their Brighton date and will be sure to see them at The Great Escape too. Have you seen Saul's solo show? Saw him supporting Jessica Pratt a few weeks ago and it was a really good set.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:42 AM, Madyaker said:

On 4/19/2019 at 3:10 PM, bombfrog said:

I said when it came out last year that they'd dropped it at the wrong time. It's really coming into its own now the weather's picking up

Went to see Franc Moody at Thekla last night after only discovering them about 3 weeks ago and getting tickets last minute. One of the most fun gigs I’ve been to, they seemed a bit like jungle but more upbeat. Perfect sunny weather music too, got them blasting now with a few cold beers. Haven’t seen them on any festival line ups yet this year but they need to be!

59 minutes ago, Billjames7 said:

Went to see Franc Moody at Thekla last night after only discovering them about 3 weeks ago and getting tickets last minute. One of the most fun gigs I’ve been to, they seemed a bit like jungle but more upbeat. Perfect sunny weather music too, got them blasting now with a few cold beers. Haven’t seen them on any festival line ups yet this year but they need to be!

im off to a gig there in a few weeks ... was told it gets quite hot ...and view from back isn't good ? any thoughts not been there before