2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

18 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Does anyone know what's going on with Lana Del Rey's album please? I thought it was supposed to be released on 29th March and can't find anything about a delay. Cheers

Where did you hear 29th of March? I thought it didn't even have a release date and was expected in the summer at some point.

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Where did you hear 29th of March? I thought it didn't even have a release date and was expected in the summer at some point.

Various music website articles, but looking again they used phrases like 'set to be' and 'expected to arrive' rather than an official confirmation. Just found a new quote in NME saying "due top end of 2019" but that's not much use either. Cheers for getting back to me!

Saw Anteros in Southampton last night. Cracking gig. One of the support acts, Jeph, really caught my ear. Sort of grungy, shoegazey, lo-fi. From the Isle Of Wight. Only 4 songs on Spotify so far but gives a taste. Right up my musical street tbh

53 minutes ago, priest17 said:

There has been 0 reaction on here to the other Wand songs off this upcoming album... But here's another one! The prettiest one of the lot, albums shaping up to be another cracker. Only 10 days to go!

I may not have been reacting but I’ve been listening. Pretty stoked for this new album - think it’s gonna take them to another league judging by these new songs. Got ‘big ambition album’ written all over them, if only because of the big obvious Radiohead influence. 

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I may not have been reacting but I’ve been listening. Pretty stoked for this new album - think it’s gonna take them to another league judging by these new songs. Got ‘big ambition album’ written all over them, if only because of the big obvious Radiohead influence. 

Yeah I'm really excited about it. They don't seem to market much over here so I don't know what it'll take for them to start getting bigger over here but there's a clear ascension in quality that's led to this so I'm hopeful of something special. 

Someone described Walkie Talkie as a Bends-era Radiohead B-side that Ty Segall had produced which is a pretty perfect description for me.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Yeah I'm really excited about it. They don't seem to market much over here so I don't know what it'll take for them to start getting bigger over here but there's a clear ascension in quality that's led to this so I'm hopeful of something special. 

Someone described Walkie Talkie as a Bends-era Radiohead B-side that Ty Segall had produced which is a pretty perfect description for me.

you listened to Cory's solo album from a few years ago? Was right good. I'm looking forward to catching Wand at End Of the Road.

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

you listened to Cory's solo album from a few years ago? Was right good. I'm looking forward to catching Wand at End Of the Road.

Aye, really like it. The live set him and Ty did for KEXP in the woods is one of my favorites to put on when I nip out for a cig break in the sun. Managed to catch them twice last year and they got better each time. Disappointed with myself that I was initially disappointed they deceded not to go back in the Golem direction, the last couple of releases have just been brilliant.

12 hours ago, Keithy said:

Saw Anteros in Southampton last night. Cracking gig. One of the support acts, Jeph, really caught my ear. Sort of grungy, shoegazey, lo-fi. From the Isle Of Wight. Only 4 songs on Spotify so far but gives a taste. Right up my musical street tbh

Saw Jeph at a free day festival in Guildhall square the other week. I really liked them as well.

15 hours ago, priest17 said:

Also Raconteurs just released this sweet Donovan cover

https://theraconteurs.bandcamp.com/track/hey-gyp-dig-the-slowness

:D

I'm so happy right now, so much good music coming out. The Chemical Brothers album is out tomorrow. The new Hot Chip is great and I'm signing back up to Third Man Records Vault Club for The Raconteurs album.