2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Ha fair do's.  I just assumed I'd massively missed out on her mellow side projects that everyone else knew all about :D

It's not mellow but she did a project with Daniele Luppi and Parquet Courts which is brilliant if you want more Karen O in yo' life.

5 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Any recommendations for Friday's releases? Been spinning Karen O and Danger Mouse pretty much all week so looking forward to seeing if there's anything that can knock that off my speakers.

Anteros, Jenny Lewis and Lucy Rose are the ones I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

5 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Any recommendations for Friday's releases? Been spinning Karen O and Danger Mouse pretty much all week so looking forward to seeing if there's anything that can knock that off my speakers.

Quite a busy Friday for me.  Anteros, Crows and Ex Hex albums all out, as well as new EP's from Lazy Day and Wych Elm and new singles from Hotel Lux and Neon Waltz!

• Like 1

Disappointed by the Anteros album tbh. The new versions of the tracks from the Breakfast EP just don't sound as good to me, and given that it came out a couple of years ago I'd expected an album of new tracks rather than re-hashing those and somehow making them worse. Will be more likely to go back to that instead of spinning the new one much.

EDIT: recognise that only 3 of the album tracks are from that EP, but it still leaves a bad taste.

Edited by Quark

Quick spin of Anteros and Ex Hex this morning on the drive to work. Lots to like from both but agree with the redone versions from a Anteros EP not being as good as they could have been, would also have put The Beat on ahead of some that did make it. Will give them another go over the weekend 

Surprised at some of the negative reception to the Solange record on here.

It reminds me of Blonde in places - which I've also been surprised to see take some stick on here in the past (to me it's a masterpiece). So maybe I'm just at odds with people on here when it comes to that kind of sound.

Like the new Tame Impala. Lizzo I like too, but I hope she makes more of a return to the 'Juice' kind of sound on the album.

The new Hotel Lux tune is bloody excellent! Playing The Lexington 6th May as well if anyones interested... they've grown so much as a live band, got to go to Europe with them when they supported Slaves late last year and the new songs they're playing are sounding really really good 

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:36 PM, priest17 said:

New Fat White Family. If you like them, you'll probably like it.

Prefer it without the video.  I know they've done the ripoff thing very tongue in cheek, but growing up watching Python when the BBC started re-running it all in the 80s I just can't get past it!!