2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

On 3/4/2019 at 11:53 AM, StupidDream said:

Listening to Solange today for a second time. Was a bit disappointed initially on the Friday, but it's better today. Still a bit underwhelming, glad I'm not the only one feeling that way. It never really lifts of for me, and bit hard to sit it all the way through at the moment. Will listen at least one more time, though. 

Felt the same. She's definitely got talent but it's not really for me. Got to 8 songs in - sort of reminds me of Beyonce but with better beats in the background. Just very indifferent towards it.

15 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I curate a playlist that I'll be updating all year round. Really small, up and coming artists; usually debut singles too. Take a listen and follow if you're into that sort of thing.

I know already that Houseplants by Squid is amazing, so I trust the rest will be. ?

22 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I curate a playlist that I'll be updating all year round. Really small, up and coming artists; usually debut singles too. Take a listen and follow if you're into that sort of thing.

Giving this a listen now, REALLY digging that Pollon track, they sound really tight. 

Snippets of new vampire weekend sound great, I don't have apple music though. Album out 3rd of May https://pitchfork.com/news/vampire-weekend-detail-new-album-father-of-the-bride-share-2-songs-listen/?utm_brand=p4k&utm_source=twitter&utm_social-type=owned&utm_medium=social&mbid=social_twitter

New Tunes landed:

Love 'em. Hope they don't tour arenas.

Edited by priest17

Based on the first listen the Solange album will be getting played on Sunday mornings when I have a hangover, and that's probably about it.  It's cool but....yeah.

Julia Jacklin's album is pretty good.

Discovered The Stroppies today as well, quite like that too.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:27 AM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Tasmania by Pond is lovely. Hope we finally get them on the farm 

Was never aware of these guys until now, giving the album a listen at the moment.  Great call

12 hours ago, Havors said:

Yeeeeeerrsss!!! The Black Keys are back!!!!  Whats the chances of a Glasto appearance? 

This year is stacked! Seems like a return to form that track too. Weirdly, Jack White's socials have been tweeting that track out congratulating The Black Keys. Either is super ironic or he's got over the whole beef he had with them.

More new Chems, really looking forward to this new album, loving everything i've heard so far.

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

Going to be a busy old day today, got to try and fit some work in around listening to new albums from Ten Fe, Sigrid and Foals.

I'm not promising high levels of productivity.

It's Friday! Sit back, smell the coffee and enjoy the bangers my friend. As long as you're IN work, you're killing it.