2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

16 minutes ago, Superscally said:

New Drenge is absolutely fan-bloody-tastic. First song is almost like a Dog Lazarus Dig Nick Cave banger. Never thought I'd see that. Picking up a lot of love about FEELS...give me a track or two! ?

With you on the Drenge album, really enjoying it. Definitely different to the last two albums but it's got a great vibe and atmosphere to it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Are they a two piece again?

Actually a 4 piece now, they've added a full-time bassist and another guitarist. The other guitarist was also playing synths I think when I saw them last, they crop up on the new album a fair bit now too.

Footage from the last tour

Edited by Mouseboy11

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Actually a 4 piece now, they've added a full-time bassist and another guitarist. The other guitarist was also playing synths I think when I saw them last, they crop up on the new album a fair bit now too.

I saw them when it was threes up, just never seem to mention him or the new guy. No mention of "Drenge are:..." in the sleeve , but hey ho

6 hours ago, Simsy said:

Listening to the new Self Esteem album, would love to see her at Glasto.

Have been listening to that myself this weekend. Absolutely love it. Going to see her in Southampton in a couple of weeks and definitely hope she's at the festival.

14 hours ago, Superscally said:

New Drenge is absolutely fan-bloody-tastic. First song is almost like a Dog Lazarus Dig Nick Cave banger. Never thought I'd see that. Picking up a lot of love about FEELS...give me a track or two! ?

Just listened to the Drenge album on the bus to work. Loved it.

Hopefully they'll make an appearance on the farm

On 3/1/2019 at 11:43 AM, jyoung said:

The Japanese House record was nice but I probably won't be revisiting it many times this year. One of them where it was alright in the background but not spectacular.

Changed my mind about listening to this again. Got it on now and it's a lovely record.

Listening to Solange today for a second time. Was a bit disappointed initially on the Friday, but it's better today. Still a bit underwhelming, glad I'm not the only one feeling that way. It never really lifts of for me, and bit hard to sit it all the way through at the moment. Will listen at least one more time, though. 

16 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Whoever filmed that must have been standing right next to me! What a gig that was. Not often I stay right at the barrier at a gig but well worth it. Really enjoying the album too. 

I must check out that Pond record as I've been listening to Daisy relentlessly since it came out.

18 hours ago, Keithy said:

Have been listening to that myself this weekend. Absolutely love it. Going to see her in Southampton in a couple of weeks and definitely hope she's at the festival.

just been listening today, managed to bag a ticket to see her sunday in nottingham, nice one guys

Had a play of that Self Esteem album after hearing said act on 6 with Huw (thank the lawd no Keaveney). Very good!

Plus one on the Bonobo album as well.

Folamour new album has had a run out as well after liking the last one (recommended on here I think), wasn't that enamoured with the latest.

23 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but it sounds like The Black Keys are returning soon and a single has leaked. The song itself has been deleted now but there are people on Reddit discussing a leaked song that many of them have heard. 

Whats the consensus? Felt like the last album missed the mark and the album before that really grates on me now. Brothers still gets a lotta love from me so hope they could capture something like that again.

(Obviously the older older stuff holds up but doubt we'd ever get anything like that again).