2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

The Japanese House record was nice but I probably won't be revisiting it many times this year. One of them where it was alright in the background but not spectacular. 2 Chainz record a bit flat despite some impressive names featuring.

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

On first listen I'm really underwhelmed by new Weezer album. I loved the White Album (in 2016), which I thought was a real return to form. Since then feels like they've been slipping back into mediocrity :(

Yeah, but also I much prefer this to Pacific Daydream. I feel like I’m laughing with them on this one, rather than just shaking my head at them.

New Solange is sounding good although not a huge departure in sound from A Seat at the Table, only minus a lot of the standout songs/singles that broke that albums more meandering moments up. Sounds more of a continuation of that album rather than something new and exciting. 

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New Solange is sounding good although not a huge departure in sound from A Seat at the Table, only minus a lot of the standout songs/singles that broke that albums more meandering moments up. Sounds more of a continuation of that album rather than something new and exciting. 

Only listened to it once but I must admit to being pretty underwhelmed. 

On 2/23/2019 at 12:19 PM, FloorFiller said:

New FEELS and Julia Jacklin albums both doing it for me at the moment. Good stuff.

Apologies for the double quote in quick succession Floorfiller, hadn't realised it was yourself that mentioned FEELS until I trawled through the thread, but that album is great. Right up my street. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

So I finally picked up a vinyl copy of Hex Enduction Hour this afternoon and I've finally got home to listen to it. I'm still not a good collector or out but I like grinning listening to one of my favourite albums and holding the artwork in my hands.

Not to mention I'm a hip

Hip

Hip