2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

omg Ezra Furman covers EP with covers of Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem and Beck!!!

Liking the ‘I Can Change’ cover. That arrangement potentially a smash hit in the hands of a swarthy folk-rock crooner (or crooness).

Not sure about including Jackie Wilson though, can't improve on perfection.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Liking the ‘I Can Change’ cover. That arrangement potentially a smash hit in the hands of a swarthy folk-rock crooner (or crooness).

Not sure about including Jackie Wilson though, can't improve on perfection.

The Ezra Furman covers set he performed in 2016(?) at EOTR on the Thursday night as a secret opening set was one of the greatest things I've ever seen. An hour of sheer pleasure

919020331_ScreenShot2019-02-27at16_27_47.thumb.png.0c2ed3fe12a581c17f726facc97e437d.png

32 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

He's not exactly a big name, but he is really really good. Well worth seeing him live if you can.

Definitely - May try and see him at the Lexington in April

I have heard him on the radio a few times over the years but, had got him mixed up with Roger Chapman from Family

Edited by tjamest

15 minutes ago, Mardy said:

The Ezra Furman covers set he performed in 2016(?) at EOTR on the Thursday night as a secret opening set was one of the greatest things I've ever seen. An hour of sheer pleasure

I bet. I saw him do Thunder Road and Hounds of Love in the Lexington last year when previewing the new album, everyone was beaming.

23 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I bet. I saw him do Thunder Road and Hounds of Love in the Lexington last year when previewing the new album, everyone was beaming.

I've def seen him do Hounds of Love, Lighting Me Higher, Crown of Love before. 

That EOTR set looks stonking, gutted to have missed that. LOVE Ezra - total superstar.

On 2/25/2019 at 8:14 PM, dentalplan said:

You would say that.

New Jules J is fab yes. Sleaford Mods effort is a bit like Key Markets for me - enjoyable and a bit different but it probably won’t be one I listen back to a whole lot.

Y’all sleeping on my Du Blonde tip cos that’s quality and I ain’t heard mention... but I’m still getting around to you guys’ suggestions so fair enough. Here’s a choice cut:

Was pretty busy last weekend so didn't get around to listening to most of last week's new music until yesterday but I'm really digging this. First time I've listened to anything by them/her(?) but I enjoyed it enough that I want to check out the back catalogue.

Also another big vote for Julia Jacklin from me. It's straight in there with SVE and James Blake as contender for AOTY so far.

Looking forward to giving Solange is listen today and seeing how far I can get through Weezer's.

New Reignwolf album out today (well.. debut album I guess), not as bluesy or cool as the stuff he was putting out a few years ago but not a bad album by any means if you like your rock music. Hopefully it means we get a tour out of him, he was a highlight opening the John Peel tent all those years ago (2014?) kicking off Rock Day/The Best Day Of Music Glastonbury Has Seen.