2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

That Flat Worms EP is as good as I'd hoped, recorded at Ty Segalls house under his supervision so worth a go if you like him. Or any other good music.

TOY's latest is decent as well, nothing to rave about though. Only really listening to it so much as I'm going to see them on Friday (and only really going to see them for the support band as well). Worth a go if you want to know what layer Horrors sound like with less imagination.

Edited by priest17
Sp

Damn lots of new pop stuff today.

Jessie Ware's new track is fantastic, a real return to form after Glasshouse (which I was really disappointed by)

New Lizzo is no Juice but is still very good imo. Really excited for her album.

The Years & Years x MNEK Valentines Day track is pretty good too, though I'm not sure I'll come back to it

Missing the PC Music stuff off the new Slayyyter track. Its alright, but kinda lost the charm of stuff like Alone.

Also disappointed by Tourists new track, seems like he is going for a more Jamie XX vibe and ain't really hitting it for me.

New Catfish is alright I guess? Seems really boring and generic to me but I guess if you like that then sure.

13 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Thought the Yak album was pretty good!

Managed to get round to the Sunflower Bean E.P which is fun, Come for Me is such a banger 

Don’t think the new Catfish track is too bad either

Any if you guys got albumoftheyear accounts? Would be cool to follow some people from here! Mine is myloveiscool

Have just started an account - have a follower (my username is same as here - hawros).

On 2/11/2019 at 10:27 PM, Superunknown said:

Currently listening to this, sound like they'd be ace live. Fried is a banger.

They (Yak) were tremendous fun live when they first came to prominence a couple of years ago, I doubt that's changed. 

18 hours ago, priest17 said:

That Flat Worms EP is as good as I'd hoped, recorded at Th Segalls house under his supervision so worth a go if you like him. Or any other good music.

This is also very good scuzzy rock music. Didn't know about the Ty connection, it sounds very similar to their first album to me (although without anything quite as good as Motorbike or Red Hot Sand).

5 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

They (Yak) were tremendous fun live when they first came to prominence a couple of years ago, I doubt that's changed. 

This is also very good scuzzy rock music. Didn't know about the Ty connection, it sounds very similar to their first album to me (although without anything quite as good as Motorbike or Red Hot Sand).

This is all very true. 

We had a top week last week, out goin' down this week?

I made it through the new Avril Lavigne one, she says bananas really weird in one of the songs, that's about as notable as it gets.

On the subject of Canadians I listened to lots when I was a teenager, Alexisonfire are back with new stuff (it's like all my Christmases from 15 years ago have come 15 years late). Not a lot to say about this either, I'd definitely go and see them if they toured though

Edited by priest17
called out on my grammar

11 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Canadian's

Canadian’s what? Broken Social Scene have a new EP. They are Canadian is.

Methyl Ethel new album and also Czarface Meets Ghostface. Think I’ll give Piroshka a go too - some sort of Lush spin-off. And the new Julia Jacklin album is streaming on some website somewhere pre-release, but I dunno if you’d be interested there.

• Like 1