2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

5 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Any other recommended albums out so far this year aside from the below that I should be checking out;

Sharon Van Etten, James Blake, Cherry Glazer, Night Beats, Better Oblivion Community Centre, Unloved, Blood Red Shoes , Press Club (also gave White Lies a spin but it wasn't for me).

Thanks in advance comrades.

Beirut album is really good. 

I've given most of those albums a listen and SVE and James Blake are the only ones I keep coming back to. 

Recent singles by Lizzo, Vampire Weekend, Chemical Brothers, Karen O and Angelo de Augustine are also on heavy rotation in my house. 

On 2/4/2019 at 5:41 PM, briddj said:

No. 7 in the midweeks, a place higher than Friends started. Going to be a battle on to stay top 10 though.

1 Busted - Half Way There (11.1k) *
2 The Specials - Encore (10.5k) *
3 Ian Brown - Ripples (10.4k) *
4 Motion Picture Cast Recording - The Greatest Showman (6.2k)
5 Claire Richards - My Wildest Dreams (4.9k) *
6 Fredo - Third Avenue *
7 White Lies - Five *
8 Within Temptation - Resist *

Beirut are at 29, fyi.

Ridiculous to see this one still hanging out, selling more than half of a newly released album about a million weeks since it came out.

23 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Fontaines D.C just announced their debut album 'Dogrel' out April 12th and brought out a video for Big which is the opening track! Got massive hopes for this album, gonna be a belter

Thats the north side of Dublins version of the Bitter Sweet Symphony video.

FX Buckley is a great butchers to be fair. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ridiculous to see this one still hanging out, selling more than half of a newly released album about a million weeks since it came out.

It might take back No. 1 yet. From last night:

1 The Specials - Encore (13.6k) *
2 Busted - Half Way There (12.9k) *
3 Ian Brown - Ripples (11.3k - 67 sales ahead) *
4 Motion Picture Cast Recording - The Greatest Showman (11.3k)
5 Fredo - Third Avenue (6.6k) *

6-10
6 Claire Richards - My Wildest Dreams *
10 White Lies - Five *

19 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Really enjoying this new remix.  I quite liked the original for nodding along to, but it's turned into an out and out dancefloor banger.

Absolute cracker. 

I feel like Parcels are going to be a band that will release some good stuff but always be overshadowed by the remixes of their stuff. Not complaining though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjsell said:

Absolute cracker. 

I feel like Parcels are going to be a band that will release some good stuff but always be overshadowed by the remixes of their stuff. Not complaining though.

When the their album first came out I kind of dismissed it as a couple of tracks from Random Access Memories spun out over a whole album, but revisiting them, the songs still really stand up.

They played the last festival, but were annoying scheduled against Chic and Barry Gibb. Not a good way to attract fans of disco-tinged music! Hopefully they'll be back in a better slot this year.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Checked this out due to your recommendation. Pretty good - what I imagine Jungle would sound like if they actually had tunes. 6’s to 9’s is a banger.

Very summery feel about it.

His live show looks pretty good on youtube, can imagine it going down well at sunset up at the park.

Plenty of have on in the office today. Think I'll start with Ari to kick things off, AJ Tracey after that and then I'll give some of the above recommenditons a spin this afternoon. I noticed a new single by Mahalia has popped up on Spotify too. She's great. Would be perfect at the Park.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Mavis Staples Live in London. 

Quiet Signs by Jessica Pratt if you're into the whole dreamy understated singer songwriter thing. 

Thanks. Gave the first half of Jess Pratt a try but don't think it's for me, her voice just seems to grate me. Which is a shame as the reviews seem to be very positive.