2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

10 minutes ago, rinzeanne said:

What did put you off?

I just meant the Muse parts, especially Drones-era Muse. They're effectively the meme band of the forum. Easy laughs init.

I was actually at the Drones tour but De Staat were obviously part of different legs of the tour as we had Nothing But Thieves as support.

I've actually got the De Staat album written down in my notes of albums to listen to so I'll give it a bash mate.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

I just meant the Muse parts, especially Drones-era Muse. They're effectively the meme band of the forum. Easy laughs init.

I was actually at the Drones tour but De Staat were obviously part of different legs of the tour as we had Nothing But Thieves as support.

I've actually got the De Staat album written down in my notes of albums to listen to so I'll give it a bash mate.

That clears a lot. Should have mentioned the "pre-drones Muse"...?

You definitely won't be disappointed by De Staat's new album:

2 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Got around to listening to the second Xiu Xiu track, new album is gonna be absolutely bonkers and I can't wait

Why isn't it on Spotify? Been meaning to listen to it for a while but imagine thinking I'm gonna open YouTube or whatever to listen to it. Well done Xiu Xiu you played yourselves.

25 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Why isn't it on Spotify? Been meaning to listen to it for a while but imagine thinking I'm gonna open YouTube or whatever to listen to it. Well done Xiu Xiu you played yourselves.

No idea, I guess cause they haven't released them as proper singles? The videos are wild as well, not really safe to put on in the office haha

On 1/22/2019 at 9:25 AM, PDAD said:

Ok yeah, Remind Me Tomorrow is stunning. 

Yes, really good. The singles and opening track stand out, but the whole thing is great. Still sounds like SVE but a step forward. Look forward to repeat plays and tickets for the Bristol gig in March. Please headline the Park on a night when there's nothing else on I want to see. 

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

New Pixies album in September. They’re launching a weekly podcast about the making of it twelve weeks before, which sounds interesting enough an album rollout to me. Fucking long way away though.

By the time it’s out The Strokes bombing on The Pyramid will be a long lost memory...

49 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Yes, really good. The singles and opening track stand out, but the whole thing is great. Still sounds like SVE but a step forward. Look forward to repeat plays and tickets for the Bristol gig in March. Please headline the Park on a night when there's nothing else on I want to see. 

Yeah 'Stay' is also another of my favourites. Must have listened to the album about 6 times now and I'm just liking it more and more. 

Will be purchasing Roundhouse tickets on pay day, but yes Park headline would be perfect. 

18 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Not liking the new BMTH song at all. Can't believe how much they've toned down for this album.

I thought they’d found a fairly decent balance on the last album between the old and new styles. Mantra was alright but these last two tracks have been dreadful

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I thought they’d found a fairly decent balance on the last album between the old and new styles. Mantra was alright but these last two tracks have been dreadful

Yeah I thought the same with the last album, I quite liked it as much as a lot of long-term fans didn't.

Mantra definitely grew on me and wonderful life isn't too bad but medicine and mother tongue are awful.

As a fairly casual BMTH fan, this song is really poor. If I heard this out and about and someone told me it was them I'd have never believed them. Sounds like Nothing But Thieves or someone of their ilk. Sad considering what a truly great album Sempiternal was. 

New Twilight Sad is excellent, thoroughly enjoying it atm. 

As with many of you, I've found Sharon van Etten is incredible. On first listen I felt it took a while to get going but having relistened a few more times, it all flows so well, beautiful harmonies and a powerful voice. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Intrigued to give this Phoebe Bridgers/Conor Oberst project a listen this evening

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/phoebe-bridgers-conor-oberst-surprise-drop-better-oblivion-community-center

Giving this a spin this morning and it's very good. Pretty much what you'd expect from these two but very enjoyable.