2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

10 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yep I've already forgotten it. Someone tried to open the cubicle door whilst I was having a dump in the library listening to it and I remember that more vividly than the song.

Why are you always listening to new albums and songs on the shitter?

I think the best way I can sum it up is that if you like Foals, you'll like it... but you've also heard it 30 times before.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think the best way I can sum it up is that if you like Foals, you'll like it... but you've also heard it 30 times before.

Honestly never underestimate the amount of his life Will spends having a poo

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Well I needed a poo and was revising listening tho the Twilight Sad album so I held off on my poop until that had finished and then it got to half 7 whilst I was sat on the toilet so I listened to the Foals song whilst I was sat there.

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Honestly never underestimate the amount of his life Will spends having a poo

Don't post my name on a public forum please.

But this is true I had like 3 or 4 today during my 12 hour library stint.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

poogaze

Now we're gonna get this from Mash every time we discuss a shoegaze band. Cheers.

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yep I've already forgotten it. Someone tried to open the cubicle door whilst I was having a dump in the library listening to it and I remember that more vividly than the song.

You listen to music on the loo? 

At least you weren't pooing on a plate this time. 

7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

You listen to music on the loo? 

At least you weren't pooing on a plate this time. 

If I'm already listening to music then I do.

But this time I was waiting for the 7:30 radio premiere of the song and it reached 7:30 when I was sat on the toilet so I put my headphones on and listened.

I don't think me listening to the new Foals song on the toilet needs this much discussion.

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

But this time I was waiting for the 7:30 radio premiere of the song and it reached 7:30 when I was sat on the toilet so I put my headphones on and listened.

I don't think me listening to the new Foals song on the toilet needs this much discussion.

It's a more interesting topic than the song itself.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

honestly I think it needs to be the next foals thread 

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

New Foals song just sounds like 10 other Foals songs from their last two albums tho.

I'm in my office on Highfield, fancy a scrap? I joke..

I do agree they haven't evolved their sound much since Holy Fire, but that's the price one pays for them finding a sound which propels them to more mainstream success. I doubt they'll make an album with much critical success again, but worst case they'll have some more upbeat tracks to add to the live show and some filler, which I can deal with. Although I did enjoy the last two and am a big fan so as I said before, I'm biased,

Edited by thrillhouse188

2 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I'm in my office on Highfield, fancy a scrap? I joke..

I do agree they haven't evolved their sound much since Holy Fire, but that's the price one pays for them finding a sound which propels them to more mainstream success. I doubt they'll make an album with much critical success again, but worst case they'll have some more upbeat tracks to add to the live show and some filler, which I can deal with. Although I did enjoy the last two and am a big fan so as I said before, I'm biased,

I'm in Hartley so yeah sure.

Yeah true, tbh I liked the last two albums but it's not really something I wanna hear more of. After WWD I was already kinda bored of it and it sounds like this album is just gonna be more of the same. It's what I expected tbf so can't complain too much, just don't think I'm gonna be very interested in any of the 2019 Foals stuff.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I'm in Hartley so yeah sure.

Yeah true, tbh I liked the last two albums but it's not really something I wanna hear more of. After WWD I was already kinda bored of it and it sounds like this album is just gonna be more of the same. It's what I expected tbf so can't complain too much, just don't think I'm gonna be very interested in any of the 2019 Foals stuff.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I'd love them to come out with a wildcard and do a technical Math Rock record, but it isn't gonna happen. I'll happily take the sacrifice of a 'safer' album and see them potentially headline festivals, purely for pride, one of the first 'indie' bands I really got into in secondary school

18 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Nilüfer Yanya debut out 22nd March. Two new songs out at midnight.

Have loved all the songs she's put out so far and been waiting for this announcement.

Hope she turns up at Glasto, too.

Wasn't sure on this at first as it sounds nothing like her previous songs which I loved, but after a few listens I'm sold.

This week, Dutch band De Staat (the State) released their new album "Bubblegum". 

I rate it 10/10. 

They previously played at Glastonbury in 2010 and were touring with Muse's Drones world tour. Fingers crossed for 2019...

If you like Muse, you probably like De Staat as well. Give it a listen...

From the new album: