2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, PorkSoda said:

What's your guys general approach to finding new music? I usually go through the Friday play lists on Spotify and the for acts I already know, I see stuff on social media. Just wondering if there's any good sites I'm missing to find new stuff. 

Read reviews/online publications (I particularly like albumoftheyear.org for aggregated scores), even just to get an idea of who has a buzz around them. I use last fm which gives me recommendations based on what I listen to. For hiphop you can just branch out from a single album from all the features and probably get quite far!

Definitely listen to 6music whilst in the office in the morning. Flick through reviews on something like Pitchfork to see if I've missed any decent and or recent releases. Keep an eye on upcoming releases on Metacritic (James Blake next week). And lastly but not least, keep visiting the new music thread on efests!

Loving that this thread is in full swing. As ever I will try my hardest to keep as up to date with it as possible, but prepare for a few requests for a summary of the previous month(s) at times throughout the year. 

My one contribution I can give at this time for an upcoming album I'm looking forward to is that of Cat Empire. Their new album is out of 15th Feb. 

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

New Drenge single out called Never See the Signs. Haven't had chance to listen yet as in work, someone give it a listen and let me know.

I love it, not as good as Bonfire but probably better than anything off the EP. Utilising having 4 of them to full effect. Getting a Johnny Marr vibe from it.

• Upvote 1