2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

The Dandy Warhols 'Why You So Crazy' coming out this month on the heels of their last effort 'Distortland' which was the best of their output from the past decade. I'm catching them in early May as part of a US run that currently goes to May 24, and then hopefully they then find their way to Europe for the early summer and to Pilton for the first time since that Friday back in 2002 on the Pyramid, my 1st ever day at Glastonbury. If they make it to the farm it will be my 10th Dandys gig and a must-see for me, even if Courtney's voice is shot for good...

Here's their vid with the lovely Jessica Pare (Megan Draper on Mad Men)

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, tevaburger said:

The Dandy Warhols 'Why You So Crazy' coming out this month on the heels of their last effort 'Distortland' which was the best of their output from the past decade. I'm catching them in early May as part of a US run that currently goes to May 24, and then hopefully they then find their way to Europe for the early summer and to Pilton for the first time since that Friday back in 2002 on the Pyramid, my 1st ever day at Glastonbury. If they make it to the farm it will be my 10th Dandys gig and a must-see for me, even if Courtney's voice is shot for good...

Here's their vid with the lovely Jessica Pare (Megan Draper on Mad Men)

Ooo I'll have to give them a go again. Sort of fell off after Welcome to the Monkey House

6 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

new Sharon Van Etten

I bloody love this woman and I think the new album is shaping up nicely from the singles. Can't wait for her Birmingham gig, get her on a sunset slot at the Park please (think she did around about that time in 2015) 

New Foals + Other stage headline slot would be a dream! One of the best live bands around. Excited to hear what the new Xiu Xiu album sounds like, Scisssssssors sounds like it's going back to being more experimental than Forget/Twin Peaks! Hoping Neon Indian comes through with something new after the new single as well.

2 minutes ago, y0ungtitan said:

Would be super happy if Foals headlined the Other but feel like it's not all that likely.

New Catfish is decent, way better than anything off their last album. Could see them headlining the JP or a high Pyramid/Other slot?

Controversial opinion, but probably too big to headline JP. Their arena dates sell out in minutes even without a new album for three years. Interest will ramp up again now.

• Upvote 1