Super Bock Super Rock 2019

joaommaia

3 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

I realized SBSR is sharing some names with Sonar and that worries me.

Don't know what's so surprising about that. Sónar is an electronic music / hip hop festival and Super Bock Super Rock has had some interesting electronic / hip hop acts on recent years. No need to be "worried about that".

Edited by diogozsz

31 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Don't know what's so surprising about that. Sónar is an electronic music / hip hop festival and Super Bock Super Rock has had some interesting electronic / hip hop acts on recent years. No need to be "worried about that".

I didnt said I'm surprised. I said that I'm worry and that's because I thought that when they decided do came back to Meco, they decided to do a line-up like the ones between 2010 and 2014.

Of course, they can mix everything and it's ok. I guess we'll see, but I don't think ASAP Rocky, for example, is the type of headliner people are waiting for.

Don't know. A lot has changed in this festival.

Edited by joaommaia

1 minute ago, joaommaia said:

I didnt said I'm surprised. I said that I'm worry and that's because I thought that when they decided do came back to Meco, they decided to do a line-up like the ones between 2010 and 2014.

Of course, they can mix everything and it's ok. I guess we'll see, but I don't think ASAP Rocky, for example, is the type of headliner people are waiting for.

Don't know. A lot has changed in this festival.

Both Kendrick and Travis Scott's days were a tremendous success. Why wouldn't people expect a hip hop headliner?

14 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Both Kendrick and Travis Scott's days were a tremendous success. Why wouldn't people expect a hip hop headliner?

The ones like Kendrick, Drake and Kanye are a bit different. I didn't know Travis Scott's day was that successful, since I saw The Voidz last year and the numbers of the organisation were hilarious. I mean, it's impossible that so many people were there.

Besides, it's a bit different to sell out 20 000 tickets at Parque das Nações (center of Lisbon) and 40 000 at Meco (Sesimbra)... 

I guess we'll have more electronic/hip-hop names, but my bet is they will be mix with alternative bands. 

Don't misunderstand me. I like hip-hop, but Meco was "special" due to other types of music, too. :)

Edited by joaommaia

The last thing this festival needs IMO is to be a tryhard version of what a "rock" festival should be. It will be playing smart if it invests on Hip Hop artists that NOS Alive doesn't care about and could headline NPS or MSW but fit better here

Rock headliners nowadays are always the same. It is boring and predictable and it depends on recycling names. What the rock genre needs is what it ignores: smaller bands, smaller venues and more open minds. There is always place for rock acts, they do not negate other genres, I just wish people werent this elitist (not the case here tho! just rambling a bit)

Edited by young_contra

12 minutes ago, young_contra said:

The last thing this festival needs IMO is to be a tryhard version of what a "rock" festival should be. It will be playing smart if it invests on Hip Hop artists that NOS Alive doesn't care about and could headline NPS or MSW but fit better here

I don't disagree, but apparently they have the opportunity to bring some interesting names to headline like The Strokes.

The possibility for them to do a pop day, a hip hop day and rock day seems logical too. I mean, the first day looks more pop at the moment...

Edit: you add more things to your comment and I agree. Personally, I don't listen to typical rock bands nowadays. The "new" rock is a lot more appealing.

Edited by joaommaia

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Hopefully it's not Foals. Want to see them in NOS Alive

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure Foals won't headline SBSR and this second name to be announced today sounds a lot like a healiner.

Edited by joaommaia
  • Like 1