Super Bock Super Rock 2019

joaommaia

3 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

I'm not that sure The National are headlining Mad Cool. Probably co-headlining...

In the card they are withthe same font size as The Cure and Bon Iver, and there is still no clue  that there are going to be co-headliners in Mad Cool,but we never know.  We just have to wait and see

Here's the thing... Last year, The Voidz came to this festival and the gig was a huge flop due to problems with the sound. Just to be clear, at the end of the show, about 15 people were there. No, I'm not kidding.

The organisation never gave a public apologize to the band and I don't know what Julian thinks about the festival nowadays, but I bet that he thought two times if The Strokes were invited... At the same time, the festival came back to Meco, they sold out 7 years ago and nothing bad happened.

So, I think SBSR is the most realistic option for The Strokes in Portugal, but I have doubts because of what I just said and because seems like The Voidz will be in tour with The Strokes and, after all, they went to the festival last year. I don't know if Julian only accepts to play with both bands, but it's possible. For me, if The Voidz come again, it's fair due to what happened. Maybe I'm overthinking... or not lol.

Edited by joaommaia
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Already bought my 3 day ticket (Fan Pack FNAC for 95€). It's risky, but they just have to announce The Strokes for me to be happy. 

I just bought because the Fan Packs were almost sold out. I guess I took the last two from Porto's FNAC stores lol.

Edited by joaommaia

I don't know if SBSR  was written on the website before 31st December or not.. Currently it's not written. We'll know more about it soon. 

She stated this morning that dateS will be canceled. Unfortunately, probably BUKU 2019 and SBSR among them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I'd rather have The Strokes headline instead of Lana if I had a festival considering profit but... Yeah if Latitude has The Strokes it won't happen here

Well, yes, but it's the market ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I remember TLSP didn't play here in Portugal because others get to them first... 

I think The Strokes won't come to Portugal this year, unfortunately, and that means I'll have to go to Bilbao :/

Edited by joaommaia