Sign in to follow this  
DDave

Deer Shed 2019

Whats the general vibe of this? Am thinking of going this year....having a 3 year old child will help, i think. :)

21 hours ago, retromoz said:

Whats the general vibe of this? Am thinking of going this year....having a 3 year old child will help, i think. :)

It's extremely family friendly to the point where taking a child along is practically a pre-requisite. It's very chilled, civilized and middle class (lots of Guardian readers eating Quinoa.) so I don't know if that's your thing or not. They stagger the set times so you can always see all of the music from the main stage and then either the Lodge or In the Dock Stage. The comedy line-up is also getting stronger year on year. There is absolutely tons for the kids to do! My daughter's six and she's been since she was a baby and she loves it.

• Like 1

I read the Guardian!!!! And pay a fiver a month to do so (Free journalism is theft!!!!). But i do NOT like Quinoa....

Thanks for the info. Most helpful. Especially the info about staggered times (which I think should happen more often). I think we are gonna go. ESPECIALLY as now it seems they are no longer finishing early on the sunday......

And Mrs Retromoz LOVES Ezra. Cant see the appeal myself.....

48 minutes ago, retromoz said:

But i do NOT like Quinoa.

I refuse to eat the stuff and deliberately pronounce it "Quin-Oh-Ah", because I'm Northern.

Looks a good start to the line-up. Anna Calvi - yay!

Is this like a northern End of the Road?

Last year's lineup looked very good and it looks great this time round too....it'd be like a five hour drive for me though and that seems too far to go.

4 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

Is this like a northern End of the Road?

Last year's lineup looked very good and it looks great this time round too....it'd be like a five hour drive for me though and that seems too far to go.

I would imagine End of the Road / Green Man Festival would be it closet cousins (though I haven't been to either so I could be way off the mark!). Size wise I think it's more similar to End of the Road. There's less options music wise but it balances that out by giving you a lot of other stuff to balance that out (theatre, comedy, poetry, science, sports field, talks etc.) This year James Acaster and John Hegley were as much a highlight as any of the music. There's about ten different tents devoted to activities that the children can do and my daughter attended a load of workshops. There's also a 'Wilderwild' area with immersive theatre and stuff like pottery and weaving. To be fair, it's only forty minutes down the road for us so it's always been a bit of a no-brainer.

• Like 1