Tedeschi Truck Band

drunk pumpkin

Had to spend last week at our Global Office in Boston MA (not Lincolnshire!) 

Whilst there a friend took me to a gig. I went to see the Tedeschi Truck Band and had my mind literally blown away.

Possibly the best set I've been to in the last 5 years.

I know for my esteemed colleagues of this forum the TTB will be old news but finding a new (old) band was the best Christmas present I'll get. 

Does anyone know if they've ever played the festival before?

I know they pick their venues for the acoustics so Glastonbury may not be one they want but it would be an epic experience.

If you don't know them they are playing two nights in London in April. I'd recommend a trip.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billum said:

Never seen them before, but after really enjoying the new album I've got tickets for their visit to the UK in April.

Be surprised (but very happy!) if they come back in June - you never know!

I listened to then before the gig but seeing them live was special.

I'm hoping my dates work out so i can see them  in April

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Doesn't look like they have, from what's in the efestivals line-ups database. The only UK fests they've played as far as we know is the indoor Bluesfest.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/bands.php?t=p&b=50813

Thats a shame but the Blues fits, would be a great addition

People have no interest so these sort of bands don't get booked over here. If they played it would probably be in the Acoustic tent to about 100 people. Or some novelty slot in the Avalon cafe. 

Good thread this. A few of the bands rumoured in the thread played the festival that year. 

39 minutes ago, The Nal said:

People have no interest so these sort of bands don't get booked over here. If they played it would probably be in the Acoustic tent to about 100 people. Or some novelty slot in the Avalon cafe. 

Good thread this. A few of the bands rumoured in the thread played the festival that year. 

Thanks for the thread link. I'll take a look through.

I do agree with the lack of interest comments in the UK. I'd never heard of them. I also wouldn't of seen them without being taken.

Having said that they smashed it!

On 12/4/2018 at 12:13 PM, The Nal said:

There's plenty on this I'd love to see. Some have played Glastonbury recently (Margo Price, First Aid Kit, etc), but plenty more that should be invited.

I have seen them live and they are awesome. They have about ten people in the band and everyone is allowed to shine. 

to me this video shows the most the most idyllic side of a festival. The sun is shining the groove is easy. You just close your eyes and lose yourself in the moment. 

37 minutes ago, JacquelineS said:

I have seen them live and they are awesome. They have about ten people in the band and everyone is allowed to shine. 

to me this video shows the most the most idyllic side of a festival. The sun is shining the groove is easy. You just close your eyes and lose yourself in the moment. 

Hadn't seen that, great tune, thanks for sharing.

Makes me wish for a hot afternoon somewhere on the farm!

• Upvote 1