Has anyone met Michael /Emily Eavis ?

Crazyfool01

In the queue to the piano bar, michael popped his head over our shoulder and skipped his way in. When we finally got in the only availble space was sitting right next to him in the balcony (someone must have just left) so we sat there. We spoke to him for ages, he gave us swigs of whiskey from his flask, and then me and my friend fashioned a ring out of our plastic rain poncho and asked him to marry us in front of everyone, to which he did, and everyone cheered!! Was hilarious... back in 2014 whilst, or shortly after metallica headlined. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 12:19 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I walked past him at a festival in the early 90's. I would have said 'thank you' to him, but he was deep in conversation with someone, so thought it would be rude to interrupt. But I thought it, and still do. 

Kev ' he will talk to anyone ' { not that I am claiming your anyone but you get my drift }

about anything # but wise to stay away from #

who is playing next year ?  

Drugs - he just does not get it and he genuinely cares for people but he cant understand why someone gets wasted and misses a big chunk of the festival.

He will talk for Hours about the infrastructure 

although I have noticed his health has been declining ' and his stutter is back '

well he will be 84 this October.

Its a remarkable achievement he has made - ' most others would have exploited it '

so I have take my hat off.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Kev ' he will talk to anyone ' { not that I am claiming your anyone but you get my drift }

about anything # but wise to stay away from #

who is playing next year ?  

Drugs - he just does not get it and he genuinely cares for people but he cant understand why someone gets wasted and misses a big chunk of the festival.

He will talk for Hours about the infrastructure 

although I have noticed his health has been declining ' and his stutter is back '

well he will be 84 this October.

Its a remarkable achievement he has made - ' most others would have exploited it '

so I have take my hat off.

Hello glasto-worker,

Yeah, he's done an awful lot for many charities, and has also done wonders for promoting the arts. It's a wonder that they haven't knighted him. Maybe they think he'd turn them down (and maybe he would, who knows).

I did hook up with another efester (Ommadawn), a Pilton local, to put forward Michael Eavis for helping in the 2012 Olympic Torch Relay, before the games started. Apparently Ommadawn had a word with ME, and he was right up for it. Anyway, I put an official application in with his name on it, and the Glastonbury office telephone number and email address for contact. I had thought that with his charitable work etc, that he would be snapped up. However, whoever was in charge of allocating either thought it unwise to select him, or maybe thought the application was a joke. Not sure. All I know is that we didn't end up seeing ME wearing a pair of shorts (as per usual) running with the Olympic torch that year.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello glasto-worker,

Yeah, he's done an awful lot for many charities, and has also done wonders for promoting the arts. It's a wonder that they haven't knighted him. Maybe they think he'd turn them down (and maybe he would, who knows).

I did hook up with another efester (Ommadawn), a Pilton local, to put forward Michael Eavis for helping in the 2012 Olympic Torch Relay, before the games started. Apparently Ommadawn had a word with ME, and he was right up for it. Anyway, I put an official application in with his name on it, and the Glastonbury office telephone number and email address for contact. I had thought that with his charitable work etc, that he would be snapped up. However, whoever was in charge of allocating either thought it unwise to select him, or maybe thought the application was a joke. Not sure. All I know is that we didn't end up seeing ME wearing a pair of shorts (as per usual) running with the Olympic torch that year.

That would have been amazing! He definitely does not get enough recognition for what he does/has done.

On 12/6/2018 at 12:50 PM, Quark said:

Exception was Don Letts. But I was battered. Drunk that is; he didn't take offence and batter me.

We caught in the traffic jam coming out of Glastonbury 2011, he had a chat with my mate in the passenger seat (I was driving). Cool guy.

Not spoken to the main man but he did wave at me from his red Defender when I went for a wander around the site before a friends wedding that was ten minutes around the corner. Wasn’t sure if I should have been on site or not so I just waved back & decided to make my way back to the reception.

17 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello glasto-worker,

that was very good of you - shame it did not work - but at least you tried.

here is one of the times he called in - as far as I know - none of them ' knew him ' - you can see by his face '

77_n.thumb.jpg.ed4b8077e7301854456b6734f370ad27.jpg

what you cant see ' is most of the mob - { see below } so poor ME just played along

all the people below standing are waiting to get a shot with him 

55696_o.thumb.jpg.721359e1ce1c32ebf95c5918f3233fb5.jpg

I was going to chat to him as he had to get to the back of my bar to leave but by sods law as he was walking towards me the WBC Council called me up so we missed each other - after all those photos he looked happy to be able to escape.If I had knowing I would have grabbed a pint rather than a 1/2 pint.

477_n.thumb.jpg.1adeb6e64f6134724e4f21bc2572b84f.jpg

On 12/5/2018 at 4:49 AM, glasto-worker said:

Yes I have ran into Michael and Jean lots of times from the late 80's onwards  when they used to do their inspection of the Guest bar { sadly Jean died in 1999 } - they used to come in the back to get away from people wanting to photograph them - He is not a big drinker but Jean used to shift white wine - We would discuss various things and how the festival has changed from the late 70's - I moved from the Guest Bar to the Crew Bar many years ago so don't see him much now but he has called in at various WBC Parties held on the Tuesday before the event.I have never ran into Emily { who I believe was born in 1979 } - Its some achievement as many others would have kept all the money and really he should have been given a Knighthood years ago. 

Wasn't there a story a few years ago that Michael Eavis was offered a knighthood but turned it down?