Has anyone met Michael /Emily Eavis ?

Crazyfool01

I was lucky enough to share a table with Michael at a local rotary club function in 2014 / question and answer session , they put me and my friend on the same table as I sounded nice on the phone ? :) and Emily in oct last year for another question and answer session , oh and I leaned in Michaels landcover during the festival one year and said i was having a welly good festival ... can't remember the year .. but unfortunately I can remember the dodgy joke 

I met Michael in 2003, was stood in the lost property queue, he seemed a bit upset about the size of the queue so stopped for a little chat with a couple of people. I was a bit starstruck so didn't say owt, but woman in front thanked him for the festival and they were both quite moved...

Actually got the phone I lost back in the post a couple of weeks later. It was buggered mind, but how amazing that someone actually found it and posted it..

I was amazed how genuine Michael was when he asked about our thoughts on the festival ( he didn't have to ask , or even care ) .... we told him never to change the lack of rules about taking alcohol in .... but he was genuinely interested and thanked us for attending,  lovely guy :) .

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

a trout ? care to elaborate ? :) 

I'd won a raffle, there was very little prizes left, so for giggles I selected the trout as it struck me as the most amusing of the remaining prizes. Michael seemed impressed by my choice. It wasn't until I got back to my seat that I remembered I'm vegetarian.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I had a chat with Emily on the Thursday in 2007 in The Park for about 5 or 10 minutes. She said at the time about her eventual takeover, but that at the time her Dad was definitely the boss. Obviously it's quite a white ago, but I particularly remember at one point discussing how the place had grown and become all consuming and she said something along the lines of "and now it's turned into *gestures generally at the zillions of tents*... this"

Met Michael several times at the festival, Pilton WMC gigs, the odd country fair he opens and at the Foo's gig in Frome.  Met Emily in Frome once when she said hello to our dog (sadly now departed in August this year ?).

Emily was in my wife's shop in Frome only last week...I asked my wife whether they conversed and my wife told me she 'got her against a rail of clothes by the neck and said 'Give us some tickets you b*tch!'.  Nice.

She didn't...obvs....the wife that is.....or Emily ?

I met him earlier this year in Newlyn, he has a holiday cottage there so he is a frequent visitor to West Cornwall. I live in nearby St Just, (as does his eldest daughter who owns Worthy Cheddar, and we share the same postcode) where he visits the Methodist church. :D

I met him in the Cuban tent in Glasto Latino in 2015.  I gave him a glow stick, which appeared to confuse him.  He thanked me for coming to the festival, which I appreciated and which shows he's a man with his priorities in check.  I got  a little video before I built up the courage to speak to him.

It was about 1am, and he seemed to be having a great time.