Doves...

MilkyJoe

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Does this do nothing other than slllllightly increase the possibilityof an appearance at GF? I see they're doing the Teenage Cancer Trust and bits with Noel... but this festival appearance is surely a good thing yes?

Yep very much so. If nothing else, it shows they've not signed a deal with Global or Live Nation to only play their festivals.

10 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Does this do nothing other than slllllightly increase the possibilityof an appearance at GF? I see they're doing the Teenage Cancer Trust and bits with Noel... but this festival appearance is surely a good thing yes?

I’d be very surprised if they didn’t turn up somewhere to be honest.

Friday night JP headliner would do me.

18 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'd happily go to Glasto just to see that, and just stumble upon any other music there. That would be utterly incredible.

Aye, to think people wasted their time at that Neil bloke on the pyramid in 09. Although I did miss the first bit to Bloc Party.

Has to be JP. 

I love The Park, but are they the right kind of act/too big for that? Genuine question as I'm not too sure.

I'd be happy with them being on T'Other, if it meant them being there, but that doesn't sit right for me either.

High(ish) up on Pymild? Can't see that either.

12 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Has to be JP. 

I love The Park, but are they the right kind of act/too big for that? Genuine question as I'm not too sure.

I'd be happy with them being on T'Other, if it meant them being there, but that doesn't sit right for me either.

High(ish) up on Pymild? Can't see that either.

Park isn't unreasonable - they're probably not that much bigger than the Super Furries who headlined when they returned.

23 hours ago, priest17 said:

Aye, to think people wasted their time at that Neil bloke on the pyramid in 09. Although I did miss the first bit to Bloc Party.

That Neil bloke? Slanderous behaviour towards Shakey! ?

So I will be indulging in Doves at Bearded Theory (marvellous place incidentally), where they are just the pre-headliner to Little Steven's band (for a festival for 10,000). Does that help inform possible Glasto slots? They've played Glasto lots so I assume they'd be welcomed back. My only time of seeing them was when they headlined the Other Stage in 2003 on the Sunday. Enjoyable as it was, I discovered I didn't want to spend the festival closer chasing acts alone. ?

• 2 months later...