Doves...

MilkyJoe

Love em. I saw the announcement announcement the other day so knew summat was coming today, quite surprised about it being Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall though. Did they do anywhere that big before their hiatus? Didn't think they were big enough, but saying that breaks have boosted popularity for loads of bands eh. Hope they're at the farm again, one of my favourite performances from anyone ever when I saw em in 2002. 

42 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

RAH isn't that big capacity wise. Hope this means there will be some more dates etc. 

Only been the once and was up in the heavens anyway. Just checked and it's not got that much higher capacity than Brixton Academy, surprised me anyway thought it seemed bigger but like I say, was in the heavens.

Still, there's a certain prestige attached to performing there, not the biggest in terms of capacity but certainly one of the grandest. Checking Setlist.fm, they've done a few big capacity gigs I totally forgot about. Can't imagine em doing an arena outside of Manchester though.

1 hour ago, RichardWaller said:

Love em. I saw the announcement announcement the other day so knew summat was coming today, quite surprised about it being Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall though. Did they do anywhere that big before their hiatus? Didn't think they were big enough, but saying that breaks have boosted popularity for loads of bands eh. Hope they're at the farm again, one of my favourite performances from anyone ever when I saw em in 2002. 

I saw them at Manchester Central but don't know how that compares.

My first ever Glastonbury headliners in JP and love love love them

Saw them at V (don;t shoot me) the following year (or it may have been teh same year) and they were amazing but the crowd were utterly abysmal - throwing bottles onto the stage etc, the band asked them to stop and it only got worse , never felt so down about an audience ever - for such an amazing band.

I'd love them to be back on the farm

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Is this the one thing you've seen at Glastonbury that doesn't count as electronica? ?

in recent years yes ;-)

my formative festival years were all taken up with bands, the last band i saw was the last shadow puppets maybe 206 . 

bring on the electronica

10 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I'm a bit pissed off that they're getting back together because I'll no longer be able to claim that we were at their final gig.  On the other hand, I barely remember it anyway.

I don't think it was in the end was it?  Didn't the guitarist claim it was their final gig before the rest of the band laughed, shook their heads and said they already had a gig booked in for Paris?

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't think it was in the end was it?  Didn't the guitarist claim it was their final gig before the rest of the band laughed, shook their heads and said they already had a gig booked in for Paris?

Then I've been living a lie.  Quite successfully, but a lie non the less.