Has anyone here ever met Bernard Sumner and New Order?

Bananaslug

13 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

I bumped into Ian Brown in Lymm yesterday. He was gaunt and had big hair. Like the king of the monkeys

This is the New Order thread!!! Away to the "Has anyone here ever met Ian Brown and the Stone Roses?" thread with you!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hi I’m looking for the “Has anyone ever met Richard Ashcroft and [The] Verve?” thread.

Ah, no worries Dental, easy mistake to make.

You need to go back and take a right turn at the "Has anyone ever met Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits" thread. You can't miss it, it's really run down as no-one's been in there for years.

• 1 year later...
On 12/2/2018 at 1:25 PM, Homer said:

Has anyone ever seen one of Hooky's legendary DJ sets? He's so good he doesn't even need headphones!

My mates put on nights at the Music Box in Manchester many years ago. It was proper acid house, not Rozalla and all the other anthems they play at these hac nights. They called the night Hacienda Classics. Peter Hook seen the flyers about town and made them change the name, which is his right considering he owns the trademark. He also said he wanted to dj at the next one. So they changed the name to Evolution classics and Hook turned up. Now he did fill the place, but he had no idea how to dj. So, he pretendes to put vinyl on the decks while a lad was ducked down behind him, olaying cd decks.

All the nonesense in his book about him getting into djing because Tony Wilson's son was putting on hac themed nights is a load of bollocks.

7 minutes ago, The Dawg said:

I have seen New Oder at Glastonbury and I saw Joy Division in a little club in my home town. Yes, I know, I am old!

Never met any of them, though I really wouldn't mind a chat with Stephen Morris

I have met him and Gillian in airports when I have been going to, or coming home from New Order gigs. The pair of them were lovely and happy to chat.

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

I have met him and Gillian in airports when I have been going to, or coming home from New Order gigs. The pair of them were lovely and happy to chat.

I can fully imagine that they are decent folk, certainly Stephen always comes across as being a nice guy. From what I can gather.