Has anyone here ever met Bernard Sumner and New Order?

Bananaslug

Sadly not, as he sounds like a great bloke from Hooky's books.

But (and this is where is gets interesting) I DID see David Quantick at their comeback gig at Troxy. He was sat on the floor pre-gig with a woman playing those 'pattacake' hand slapping games that little girls play in the playground. And they played Age of Consent (about five songs in).

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

I’m shocked to hear it. Do tell!

they both come out of the books pretty badly.

I used to live in Charlton in Manchester and used to see him around loads (think he lived in Didsbury). Always gave off an air of a miserable yet entitled bastard. He also pushed in front of me in the queue at Morrison’s.

I swear I met Peter Hook at Isle of Wight 2011, but the bloke denied it. Looked and sounded like him, claimed to be mates with Clint Boon and Mani, but was quite adamant he wasn't Peter Hook..

Can imagine Bernard Sumner being quite awkward. Got that New Order dvd with a couple of gigs on, New York in 81 or summat and Reading headlining 97ish. It's not the same lad, can barely bring himself to look at the crowd in first un, looks like he's shitting himself but sounds great. Course he's a showman these days, but think it seems a bit awkward. Seen em a couple of times, first time was at Manchester Apollo in 2012. They ended with Love Will Tear Us Apart in the encore, and half way through Bernard does this big "wooooooo" and I'm stood there thinking what the fuck are you doing... Good though.

Oh yeah, I haven't met Bernard Sumner but I have met a bloke who looks and sounds like Peter Hook.

19 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

This could be a long winter :)

Probably, but any old activity on here should help us through it, any reminder of the light at the end of the tunnel will do.

Looking forward to the next has anyone met so-and-so thread, had a couple of tenuous encounters. Unfortunately I'd do better with Man City/ex-Man City players than musicians, met a load through work.

Edited by RichardWaller

16 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Probably, but any old activity on here should help us through it, any reminder of the light at the end of the tunnel will do.

Looking forward to the next has anyone met so-and-so thread, had a couple of tenuous encounters. Unfortunately I'd do better with Man City/ex-Man City players than musicians, met a load through work.

don't mention man city ...:) im a Liverpool fan ... ive got a few autographs over the years ...Emily Eavis , Gary linekar , Bradley wiggins , October Drift  Marcus Trescothik and most of the west indies cricket team including viv richards and joel garner ... although I got the autographs I can only say for a few that ive spent more than a few seconds in their company 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

don't mention man city ...:) im a Liverpool fan ... ive got a few autographs over the years ...Emily Eavis , Gary linekar , Bradley wiggins , October Drift  Marcus Trescothik and most of the west indies cricket team including viv richards and joel garner ... although I got the autographs I can only say for a few that ive spent more than a few seconds in their company 

I'm a Hull City fan ? Only autographs I've had in person are Manic Street Preachers. Met Joe Hart and James Milner within a couple of days of eachother, found it funny how different both were. Joe Hart seemed to be desperate not to be noticed which is gonna be hard for anyone his size.. So he was running about frantically with sunglasses and a cap, right crap disguise. James Milner comes in a couple of days later. No nonsense, no attempt to disguise or not be seen, just being James Milner.

• 4 months later...