Block 9 expanding

dccool

1 hour ago, MrHew said:

Would they consider taking it out of the naughty corner like they did Arcadia?

I think they could do something magnificent in the Silver Hayes area...

Arent there issues with the sound over that’s side? They play music that’s needs to be loud at Bloc9. I can only see them making it bigger where it is or at least near for that reason. 

2 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

This does point to either Glasto Latino moving to the other side of the site in Silver Hayes or Arcadia's old spot or possible moving NYC Downlow and splitting it all up but you have the sound curfew on the Silver Hayes side. Very exciting anyway.

I've always assumed that Glasto Latino is quite a sparse area for crowd control reasons (it's the first SE corner field people enter so they don't want a lot of people loitering there), so putting block 9 there might be problematic- I could be wrong though! 

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

I've always assumed that Glasto Latino is quite a sparse area for crowd control reasons (it's the first SE corner field people enter so they don't want a lot of people loitering there), so putting block 9 there might be problematic- I could be wrong though! 

Block 9 could leave it sparse if they just put one or two stages/installations there. It's a big field.

Latino surely doesn't need the volume late at night so moving it makes sense.

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Block 9 could leave it sparse if they just put one or two stages/installations there. It's a big field.

Latino surely doesn't need the volume late at night so moving it makes sense.

But block 9 would be more of an attraction - at the moment Glasto Latino is a big field with a small pull, so essentially the big crowd arrives in the SE corner then divides into shangri la and block 9 or whatever--if they all stop in that field it would create a bit of a log jam (at least that's what I've always presumed was behind Glasto Latino having such a big field) 

On 12/2/2018 at 5:33 PM, Madyaker said:

It's good their expanding but I hope it's not moving too far. As in I hope they're not just taking block9 and plonking it in silver hayes so there's a load more room or something like that. 

Unless there’s been a big change in music noise level allowed in Silver Hayes, then Block9 ain’t moving there. It’s one of the key areas that keeps going to 6am and so with its expansion plans I can’t see there being any compromise on its finishing time. I’m ‘sure’ it will still be in the SEC, with the new configuration being intriguing!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 3

I am liking the sound of these potential changes. Having something new to pore over on the map is an exciting prospect. I would have thought Glasto Latino moving elsewhere would be the obvious move. With the original installations so well established it will be nice to see what these very creative people come up with next.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’d like to see more venues and Genoysys roided up to fuck with the sound whacked up and loads more dancing space.

Would be cool to see a stage similar to UFO at Dekmantel, just something to keep the sound in so can be properly loud coz I think sound can be shite at Glastonbury.

TBH no reaction to the post - just fascinated by the origin/brazenness of the User Name ?

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

don't think it's possible because of late-night noise issues. I think it's very likely to stay in the SE corner.

Yeah was just reading some of the other posts... could make sense to move Glasto Latino over them ways and give bloc 9 more space then. They really need to do something about the traffic and crowds in the SE corner... not sure what the solution is though 

2 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

On one hand I'd love to see NYC Downlow expanded as it has become so popular with immense queues at peak hours, but afraid of losing the charm it currently has. 

I'm glad Block 9 is getting more space, very excited to see what they build with all this space they'll be given!

I'm totally with you on this. NYC Downlow is my favourite late night party place... and it would be better if more people could squeeze in, but will it be the same? Unless they also had another stage at the back of the room with the craziness on show?