Block 9 expanding

dccool

Listened to the end of an interview on 6 music this morning between Mary Ann Hobbs and one of the guys behind Block 9.

Only caught the last few minutes but right at the end he gave her an exclusive that there will be a big expansion of Block 9 next year with new installations and they are taking over another field. 

With this announcement and the changes at Arcadia think the late night areas are gonna be pretty different to what we've been used to. 

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, dccool said:

Listened to the end of an interview on 6 music this morning between Mary Ann Hobbs and one of the guys behind Block 9.

Only caught the last few minutes but right at the end he gave her an exclusive that there will be a big expansion of Block 9 next year with new installations and they are taking over another field. 

With this announcement and the changes at Arcadia think the late night areas are gonna be pretty different to what we've been used to. 

How far into the show is it? It's now up on BBC Sounds Ap.

They start talking about #Glastonbury 1hr 43mins into the program. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001cpv

"Doubled in size", "taking over another field."

Last bit could be taken in different ways, are they expanding into an adjacent field or moving into a completely different field?

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Upvote 2

Can't see them going into Cabaret Field unless they move the late night entrance system. Avalon seems unlikely, Unfairground is also a bit of a thoroughfare. Glasto Latino seems most likely but there would probably also need a change to the entrance as I don't think they'd wany everyone passing through Block 9.

I reckon they're going to move.

SmartSelect_20181201-132722_Gallery.thumb.jpg.338209f790c1d35b62e8ca7ea4e41e7e.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide

25 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Can't see them going into Cabaret Field unless they move the late night entrance system. Avalon seems unlikely, Unfairground is also a bit of a thoroughfare. Glasto Latino seems most likely but there would probably also need a change to the entrance as I don't think they'd wany everyone passing through Block 9.

I reckon they're going to move.

SmartSelect_20181201-132722_Gallery.thumb.jpg.338209f790c1d35b62e8ca7ea4e41e7e.jpg

@Gnomicide Just why in the name of all that is holy do you think you have any business being in this thread?

Absolutely no meat 'n' potatoes MOR rock will be played in Block9.

Move along, son. Nothing for you to see here...

Ben
xx

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

@Gnomicide Just why in the name of all that is holy do you think you have any business being in this thread?

Absolutely no meat 'n' potatoes MOR rock will be played in Block9.

Move along, son. Nothing for you to see here...

Ben
xx

Ben, me old mucker. I'll have you know I once walked round Block 9. I thought it looked magnificent. Sounded fucking horrendous but you can't have everything. 

Got in, took some photo's, got out.

I'm just worried it may impede on my beloved Avalon.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

NY Downlow is part of Block 9 - along with London Underground and Genosys.

Ah, gotcha, so there's a couple of indoor bits (nyc d and LU) and one outdoor bit, genosys? Yeah, can see them putting genosys in one field, the other 2 in another. 

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Ben, me old mucker. I'll have you know I once walked round Block 9. I thought it looked magnificent. Sounded fucking horrendous but you can't have everything. 

Got in, took some photo's, got out.

I'm just worried it may impede on my beloved Avalon.

You.

Me.

Saturday Night.

Genosys.

You'll never look back**.

❤️

Ben

**by the time I've finished with you, you'll likely not be able to see at all...

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Hailing the thingy #AHTT 

When does the map usually get dropped? #thereisnopattern

Earliest I have on record is Jan 20th in 2010. After that...

8th March 2011

19th April 2015

23rd April 2016

27th April 2017

1st June 2013

16th June 2014

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Ah, gotcha, so there's a couple of indoor bits (nyc d and LU) and one outdoor bit, genosys? Yeah, can see them putting genosys in one field, the other 2 in another. 

Yeah quite possibly, though I think the idea is they’ll have more stages/installations. They’ve done some interesting stuff away from the festival: http://block9.com/work.html