Christine and the Queens

H.M.V

Conversation tonight at tea.

Me: what's everyone been up to today?

Girls: various mumbles

MrsCJ: well, it's a long story, but I met Christine and her friend Jo, who stayed in Horsforth at the house of a friend of a friend. Jo grew up in the Congo.

Now, MrsCJ does play jokes but she says this really did happen today!

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Good shout for Other stage headliner on Friday, a great option for those not too enamoured by Stormzy. 

Have to say I would obviously be off the Stormzy train and on the Chris train if that happens. I just think she's incredible. Something fresh and new. Pure performance that you don't know if you're watching theatre or a singer. An utterly joyful experience. Can't wait to see her again whenever it is. 

45 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Have to say I would obviously be off the Stormzy train and on the Chris train if that happens. I just think she's incredible. Something fresh and new. Pure performance that you don't know if you're watching theatre or a singer. An utterly joyful experience. Can't wait to see her again whenever it is. 

I have seen her three times, the first being Glastonbury 2016. Each time she just gets better, more confident and Such a huge stage presence for such a small figure. Watching the rumours page hoping to see her name appear. 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

I have seen her three times, the first being Glastonbury 2016. Each time she just gets better, more confident and Such a huge stage presence for such a small figure. Watching the rumours page hoping to see her name appear. 

It was my first time seeing her. Also didn't listen to the album or watch any footage other than what I had seen on Jools before attending the gig which was the right decision. Wasn't waiting for the hits or my favourite tunes and just enjoyed the whole performance. 

15 hours ago, H.M.V said:

It was my first time seeing her. Also didn't listen to the album or watch any footage other than what I had seen on Jools before attending the gig which was the right decision. Wasn't waiting for the hits or my favourite tunes and just enjoyed the whole performance. 

It's 50/50 on which I prefer in some ways. I love the moment of recognition and euphoria of songs you know and love, but equally cool going into a set with no expectations.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

It's 50/50 on which I prefer in some ways. I love the moment of recognition and euphoria of songs you know and love, but equally cool going into a set with no expectations.

Obviously I knew Tilted and Girlfriend so still got the recognition bit but had heard some stuff about her gigs and how amazing they are so just decided not to listen or watch anything so it was a nice surprise if that makes sense. And it most certainly was. Just utterly incredible. 

Me and my girlfriend saw her in Bournemouth, and at both London shows and thought she was amazing. I'd be very disappointed if she doesn't headline JP or The Park. I mean, in recent years, you've had Annie Mac, Kano, Warpaint, Jake Bugg, FFS and Kaiser Chiefs headlining those stages... Surely she has as much popularity and crowd pull as some of these lot to get the slot?

I know that personally, the only act rumoured for 2019 that would oull me away from a CATQ set would be Macca... And even then, that's just because I'd not get another chance to see him.

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

Me and my girlfriend saw her in Bournemouth, and at both London shows and thought she was amazing. I'd be very disappointed if she doesn't headline JP or The Park. I mean, in recent years, you've had Annie Mac, Kano, Warpaint, Jake Bugg, FFS and Kaiser Chiefs headlining those stages... Surely she has as much popularity and crowd pull as some of these lot to get the slot?

I know that personally, the only act rumoured for 2019 that would oull me away from a CATQ set would be Macca... And even then, that's just because I'd not get another chance to see him.

Of course she's big enough to headline JP. However, she's supposedly headlining APE (alongside Chemical Brothers, Bon Iver, BMTH), so could easily be too big for it.

21 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Of course she's big enough to headline JP. However, she's supposedly headlining APE (alongside Chemical Brothers, Bon Iver, BMTH), so could easily be too big for it.

She has just been announced to headline APE!

The only problem I may see with her playing Pyramid earlier in the day is that her show might not work as well when it is still light. Personally, I think she would really suit The Park. Think she is a future headliner tbh. Maybe next album or the one after, if the momentum continues

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

She has just been announced to headline APE!

The only problem I may see with her playing Pyramid earlier in the day is that her show might not work as well when it is still light. Personally, I think she would really suit The Park. Think she is a future headliner tbh. Maybe next album or the one after, if the momentum continues

Too big for the park - rumours of subbing Pyramid sound more accurate.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

reckon she's got a good shout for Other headliner, as something for the youngers with oldies heading up the Pyramid.

Put her up against the Cure and I’ll be a very happy man

• Upvote 1

I think she will personally want to be on the Pyramid. Those sets get the maximum exposure and she could obviously be third down, or even sub (imo). Depends what the Eavii have up their sleeves of course but if Chris has any say in it I imagine she will want to be on the big stage. I really like the idea of Chris and LDR as subs. Chris before Macca would smash it. She's a pro at winning over the uninitiated and that slot could just take her to the next level.