Christine and the Queens

H.M.V

A fucking thread for Sting (stung) and none for one of the most magnificent performers of our time. 

Just got back from her gig in Manchester. I fucking cried. I've never cried at a gig before. Actually once. LCD soundsystem 2016. 

Future pyramid headliner question? Gotta be nailed on.

Wow wow wow! 

• Upvote 5

I saw Christine and the Queens at Latitude in 2016 only a few days after the Bastille Day atrocities in Nice. It was hugely emotional performance and the outpouring of love and appreciation from the crowd reflected their truly heartfelt and passionate performance...

I would not be surprised if Latitude have her back next year to at least headline their BBC stage.. A similar spot on The Park stage would be amazing.

tbf.. the Sting thread is hardly an homage. It is full of abuse and vitriol.

46 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Now this is the thread to end my posting embargo. I LOVE Christine and the Queens sooo much. I haven’t seen her (them?) live. (I missed Glasto in 16).

Huge praise from this thread, and actual crying at her gigs? Amazing. Please please  let her be at the farm ??

I cried at a Stephen Malkmus gig the other week...6 quid a pint!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Now this is the thread to end my posting embargo. I LOVE Christine and the Queens sooo much. I haven’t seen her (them?) live. (I missed Glasto in 16).

Huge praise from this thread, and actual crying at her gigs? Amazing. Please please  let her be at the farm ??

Couldn't recommend the shows enough if you get the chance!

13 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

I saw her at Glastonbury Brilliant. Seek out the Utube of her on G Norton show I think  a while back

This was the first time I saw her. Early 2016. Not heard of her before but she made me sit up and take notice. She was stunning. Had to watch a few times. Not been affected by a performance so much for ages 

4 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

I saw Christine and the Queens at Latitude in 2016 only a few days after the Bastille Day atrocities in Nice. It was hugely emotional performance and the outpouring of love and appreciation from the crowd reflected their truly heartfelt and passionate performance...

I would not be surprised if Latitude have her back next year to at least headline their BBC stage.. A similar spot on The Park stage would be amazing.

tbf.. the Sting thread is hardly an homage. It is full of abuse and vitriol.

She's supposedly headlining APE so seems to be above that size already. Would also probably mean she won't be at Latitude.

13 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Well this will be my membership of the cool club denied again but I just don’t see the appeal, emperors new clothes as far as I’m concerned.

That, to me, is the beaut of music. What a dull world if we all liked the same thing.

Personally I like CATQ and really hope to see them live soon. Sting to me is dull as were the Police but others like them which is fine.

I like Oasis, and I am sure that is frowned upon.

27 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Well this will be my membership of the cool club denied again but I just don’t see the appeal, emperors new clothes as far as I’m concerned.

I really wasnt so sure of the quality of the songs tbh... But the live performance was something else and she really does have a set of pipes on her...

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I can't see Christine being anything less than Other headliner or Pyramid sub if she's there.

Don’t be daft. Course she could play lower.

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Was thinking about it earlier and I’d actually rather watch The Kooks.