Jump to content
Comfy Bean

Electric Fields 2019

Recommended Posts

Janelle Monae? Doing London and Manchester the week of EF but with no Scottish date? (She also missed out Scotland on her UK run earlier this year)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

Janelle Monae? Doing London and Manchester the week of EF but with no Scottish date? (She also missed out Scotland on her UK run earlier this year)

Nope, says that those two are exclusive dates. Plus, as good as she is I can't see her really shifting tickets for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

There's no Scottish date on Suede's April tour, they seem an obvious shout for a headliner here.

Wouldn’t be surprised. Sleaford Mods would be good as this year’s Young Fathers. Don’t think they have a Scottish date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 12/10/2018 at 5:05 PM, kingcrawler said:

There's no Scottish date on Suede's April tour, they seem an obvious shout for a headliner here.

 

On 12/12/2018 at 11:11 PM, addicted2noise said:

I know The National are probably too big for this (especially with them headlining Mad Cool this year) but their tour dates do line up pretty nicely for it. 

Would imagine this rules out The National and Suede from Electric Fields.

50681624_10155744710395689_3100623842595307520_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 2:45 PM, Cocky19 said:

 

 

Would imagine this rules out The National and Suede from Electric Fields.

50681624_10155744710395689_3100623842595307520_n.jpg

I guess so, maybe the lineup will be similar to Bluedot? New Order must be pretty likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 2:45 PM, Cocky19 said:

 

 

Would imagine this rules out The National and Suede from Electric Fields.

50681624_10155744710395689_3100623842595307520_n.jpg

Ah, that's a shame about Suede. Thought they'd be perfect for EF.

Really no idea who they'll go for now. Massive Attack? Belle & Sebastian? Garbage? The Wombats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Seeing Stereophonics announce a lot of dates for July, could be a shout for headliner?

Them and new order would be possibles unless too expensive...

Rather New Order personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Yeah could be an expensive pair. 

Probably not happening then. Capacity being scaled back so someone cheaper required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Probably not happening then. Capacity being scaled back so someone cheaper required.

The Bluebells mate ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orbital at Kendal on the Thursday night. Would work here. Manics might also be a possibility for Friday or Saturday with a cheaper headliner the other night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, redmicky said:

Any other suggestions of bands playing ? Manics ? Stereophonics ?

Totally guessing but both would go down well wouldn’t be surprised if it was Manics. All the talk though is about scaling back on capacity so not expecting anyone expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Totally guessing but both would go down well wouldn’t be surprised if it was Manics. All the talk though is about scaling back on capacity so not expecting anyone expensive.

I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised , there’s a lot being made about scaling back . It’s going back to what it was 2 yrs ago - the date change should help with bands being available .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, redmicky said:

Any other suggestions of bands playing ? Manics ? Stereophonics ?

Haven't the foggiest. Manics seem a good shout. Paul Weller, The Specials, Travis, Franz Ferdinand are the size of bands I'd imagine that'll be headlining.

I'll go

Franz Ferdinand / Editors

Elbow / The Twilight Sad

Belle & Sebastian / Underworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DDave said:

Haven't the foggiest. Manics seem a good shout. Paul Weller, The Specials, Travis, Franz Ferdinand are the size of bands I'd imagine that'll be headlining.

I'll go

Franz Ferdinand / Editors

Elbow / The Twilight Sad

Belle & Sebastian / Underworld

That looks a good shout - Editors are one I was thinking of , great live band .

Sure Elbow are at Belladrum so that might rule them out .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, redmicky said:

That looks a good shout - Editors are one I was thinking of , great live band .

Sure Elbow are at Belladrum so that might rule them out .

They are so scratch that.

 Be great if they got someone a bit out of the blue like Beck or the Pixies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DDave said:

They are so scratch that.

 Be great if they got someone a bit out of the blue like Beck or the Pixies.

 

Last years line up was great and a bit like you say out of the blue , hopefully not too long to wait .

Hoping Baby Strange might make an appearance , possibly Idles again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...