Electric Fields 2019

Comfy Bean

28 minutes ago, DDave said:

Was nice to have it at the end of the season and inside the school holidays but never mind. I'll swap that for warmer weather. 

I did like it as the last one of the summer but it was mental cold last couple of years. Our kids weren’t there till Friday last year as local schools were already back so I’d guess the move will help get the numbers up.

Just so chuffed it’s back as was fearing the worst.

11 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

I did like it as the last one of the summer but it was mental cold last couple of years. Our kids weren’t there till Friday last year as local schools were already back so I’d guess the move will help get the numbers up.

Just so chuffed it’s back as was fearing the worst.

Me too. Still a toss up between this and Blue Dot but I'll hopefully find a way to do both.

Predicted Elbow yesterday but that's most likely been ruled out by them being at Belladrum

So I'll go Franz Ferdinand / Suede & Underworld 

9 hours ago, DDave said:

Me too. Still a toss up between this and Blue Dot but I'll hopefully find a way to do both.

Predicted Elbow yesterday but that's most likely been ruled out by them being at Belladrum

Hope your right with Underworld :-)

Franz Ferdinand wouldn’t surprise me. They’re local to the area and were rumoured for Wickerman every year.

38 minutes ago, DDave said:

Capacity reduced back down to 5000. 

Adult tickets 121 quid Inc booking fee.

I see the 121 is for the 3 days so much the same as last year when they added in the Thursday charge months after I had my tickets.

I’ll probably get mine tomorrow at noon. They won’t sell out but they might well do one of those tier 2 price increase at some point.

10 hours ago, DDave said:

Be very surprised by them 3 as headline acts if I’m honest ! 

Think more like big country , stereo mc’s and 2 unlimited . Gone are the days of punching above their weight on headline acts .

23 minutes ago, DDave said:

What makes you say that?

Simple economics for a start they’ve halfed the capacity. Ok I’m being unfair think bands along the lines of slow readers club being high up on the main , fatherson and anything on at say Kendal before 6pm . I’m not going next year as I’m doing courteeners at Heaton making it a bit special for the handbrake (wife) staying at hotel Gotham then I’m keen to fit in a day at Trnsmt seriously thinking Kraftwerk at the Dot then Kendal so pretty staked . I wouldn’t be buying tickets until I had an idea of the lineup. 

Think wickerman ............. lulu . .............

do any of our Scottish friends on here know if the Bluebells tour these days ?  

16 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Simple economics for a start they’ve halfed the capacity. Ok I’m being unfair think bands along the lines of slow readers club being high up on the main , fatherson and anything on at say Kendal before 6pm . I’m not going next year as I’m doing courteeners at Heaton making it a bit special for the handbrake (wife) staying at hotel Gotham then I’m keen to fit in a day at Trnsmt seriously thinking Kraftwerk at the Dot then Kendal so pretty staked . I wouldn’t be buying tickets until I had an idea of the lineup. 

Think wickerman ............. lulu . .............

do any of our Scottish friends on here know if the Bluebells tour these days ?  

Fair do's. They've said the capacity had been reduced from 7 to 5k so potentially around £200k short so you'd think there will be cut backs on the names.

We're keen to go but need to see some names first. It'll be incredibly hard for them to match this year's line up as I thought it was one of the best of 2018 but hope it comes close. If not, Blue Dot it is.

They had Young Fathers in a tent and Leftfield headlining. I’m keeping the faith.

Great wee set up. I think the date change will help. 

Fair points about the reduced income and the likelihood that the line up might suffer but they’re coming off the back of 2 years with pretty decent weather and lineups so hopefully...they’re building something here to replace Wickerman which regularly pulled 10k plus.

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

They had Young Fathers in a tent and Leftfield headlining. I’m keeping the faith.

Great wee set up. I think the date change will help. 

Fair points about the reduced income and the likelihood that the line up might suffer but they’re coming off the back of 2 years with pretty decent weather and lineups so hopefully...they’re building something here to replace Wickerman which regularly pulled 10k plus.

Last year of wickerman was 6k well publisced in the media ! You got lulu and the water boys ! Then they throw in example dj set ! Was great but they lost 300k ! Game over !  Electric has been subsided by partners for the last 3 shows increasing the capacity every year and by the looks of it .............. it’s not worked electric has been spoiled! Reality check inevitable! Let’s blame Brexit 

15 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Last year of wickerman was 6k well publisced in the media ! You got lulu and the water boys ! Then they throw in example dj set ! Was great but they lost 300k ! Game over !  Electric has been subsided by partners for the last 3 shows increasing the capacity every year and by the looks of it .............. it’s not worked electric has been spoiled! Reality check inevitable! Let’s blame Brexit 

Wickermans last year was all messed up as James would say. Reports of 18k the year the Scissor Sisters headlined. I reckon Electric in the July slot can shift 5k with a half decent line up.

Can see Doves being one of the headliners based on previous years (The Charlatans, Primal Scream, TJAMC, James, Noel etc). Could also be a reason behind the date change.

Few other local bands I think will play - Bossy Love, The Van T's, Honeyblood and Heavy Rapids. 

22 minutes ago, Madn said:

Can see Doves being one of the headliners based on previous years (The Charlatans, Primal Scream, TJAMC, James, Noel etc). Could also be a reason behind the date change.

Few other local bands I think will play - Bossy Love, The Van T's, Honeyblood and Heavy Rapids. 

Amy McDonald probably in the headliner mix plus maybe Belle and Sebastian . Hopefully not someone like Example.

Colonel Mustard will probably be on the lineup maybe even Bombskare and Esperanza if their cutting costs.

Dreadzone and Alabama 3 would work for me in the afternoons. I liked Ezra Furman last year. Could see him getting a better slot than Thursday late afternoon.

Underworld as Dave said would fit perfectly to finish the Saturday night.

Colonel Mustard are playing at Belladrum so not sure about them, as there didn't seem to be any crossover last year. Would be great fun though! 

I'm not really sure about the cost cutting side of things, this years increased capacity probably just supported paying Noel. But previous years and without Noel leccy fields has still be cracking so not overly concerned and have just got our tickets in blind faith. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DDave said:

Doves are now rumoured to be playing Kendal Calling which you'd think would rule them out of EF.

I just had a look at last year's lineup and some of the smaller bands played both but nothing major so you could be right. Although now date is nearer to other festivals there could be more opportunity with bands not having gaps until the end of summer? We will find out soon enough I guess!

Also going to throw Tijuana Bibles into the ring - brilliant band who seemed to go away for a little bit but watched them at tenement trail this year and they were ace - seem to be a bit more active since too.