Electric Fields 2019

Comfy Bean

I don't want to sound twee but genuinely feel for everyone who had bought tickets.

This isn't Electric Fields, it's a city centre event 40 miles away from where it should be held. Bit like moving Glastonbury to Cardiff city centre!

Hope all those who have bought tickets are able to claim a full refund (should they wish to).

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

I don't want to sound twee but genuinely feel for everyone who had bought tickets.

This isn't Electric Fields, it's a city centre event 40 miles away from where it should be held. Bit like moving Glastonbury to Cardiff city centre!

Hope all those who have bought tickets are able to claim a full refund (should they wish to).

I’m getting a “partial refund” apparently on the 4 tickets I’d bought. Interesting to see how that works out.....

With Wickerman also gone it’s a real shame that they couldn’t make  it work. As has been said, a large portion of the site was family camping. SWG3 is a cracking venue but it’s night and day compared to the family friendly grounds of Drumlanrig Castle.

Turns out that the last set I saw here was Young Fathers in the tent. Great gig at what was a great wee festival.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2019 at 10:18 PM, Comfy Bean said:

New email out. Now saying full refund available and apologies for initial email. 

Probably got trading standards breathing down their necks. I've never been to this festival and unlikely ever will now with this change in direction. Shame.

Due to my work, I couldn’t get to last year’s festival but the line up looked fantastic. A lot more depth than this year. It’s a shame more didn’t buy into it. Was last year’s festival well attended.

This new PlayGround is pretty local to me. It’ll be interesting to see if they get decent foot fall.

You are right in a way. Noel Gallagher has more or less played everything going in the last few years. Even so, it was a great line-up but can’t have come cheap. 

Where did you get the info on the attendance? Be interesting to see if it had grown from the previous years.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah. Real shame but looking like the end. The Wickerman crowd just didn’t transfer over as they probably expected. Nice wee venue and some good bookings over the last few years.

I got my cash back via the credit card route after they stopped responding to emails a couple of weeks back. The moneys now in my account and apparently they get 45days to dispute it with my bank. Not expecting any problems now with the refund and hope everyone else got sorted.

I have had letter from my credit card company  saying i will be refunded. 

Real shame it's gone but they signed their own death warrant moving to Glasgow and apparently they sold a grand total of 80 tickets for SW3 !!! 

14 hours ago, ski64 said:

I have had letter from my credit card company  saying i will be refunded. 

Real shame it's gone but they signed their own death warrant moving to Glasgow and apparently they sold a grand total of 80 tickets for SW3 !!! 

I saw the BBC reporting the 80 but didn't see the source. Swg3 itself? 80 is horrendous considering the line up looked at least OK. Maybe a lot of folk like myself waiting to see if it was going ahead. Chicken and egg. Or maybe there just isn't the demand in Glasgow and Scotland for this kind of line up. Which vindicates the trnsmt horror further. Anybody know who is behind playground at rouken Glen? That also has the look of a line up that's a bit too tasteful to succeed. 

Edited by Johndenis

Playground might succeed as it could be well be aimed at the middle class affluent clientele who live in that area of Greater Glasgow.

Real shame about EF. Maybe just bit off more than it could chew. On reflection, last year’s line-up looks ambitious for the attendance.

22 hours ago, Stuart1000 said:

I’m hoping PCL drop the Electric Fields name and still put on some sort of event at SWG3 that weekend. A dance based day with Friendly Fires, Free Love and HYYTS could sell quite well.

I see Playground have been quick to add Friendly Fires to their lineup.