Latitude 2019 Headliners

BlueDaze

1 hour ago, arteet said:

You might want to read the other thread?

thank you i did.. along with the vegan food chat, when are tickets on sale chat, can you do my uni homework chat, have you stayed in the pods chat..

I was just trying to organise given Neils generosity.

Appreciate your support and enthusiasm.

• 1 month later...

Judging by current rumours, which I hope are mostly incorrect, I'm going:

Fri: Lana Del Rey

Sat: The Strokes

Sun: Snow Patrol

This follows same format as 2018 - American female headliner on the Friday, 'cool' American band on the Saturday and a bit of dad-rock on the Sunday.

Edited by swelsbyuk

6 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Judging by current rumours, which I hope are mostly incorrect, I'm going:

Fri: Lana Del Rey

Sat: The Strokes

Sun: Snow Patrol

This follows same format as 2018 - American female headliner on the Friday, 'cool' American band on the Saturday and a bit of dad-rock on the Sunday.

just checked my info and I wasn't given a day, but I'm pretty sure Snow Patrol aren't Sunday.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

just checked my info and I wasn't given a day, but I'm pretty sure Snow Patrol aren't Sunday.

I had Snow Patrol absolutely nailed on for that Sunday Obelisk slot. If that's not the case it makes it interesting because I can't really see them headlining the Friday and in my opinion they're not Saturday headline material. In any case, the only one of the 4 rumoured headliners that interests me at all is LDR and for that to work the weather has to be LA-perfect and the wearing of flowers in hair compulsory...??

i might be clutching at straws......but.....is it possible that Snow Patrol are headling the bbc music stage instead of the main stage? I mean.......i realise they have different demographics, but Mogwai headlined in 2006, and now have headlined the 2nd stage (twice). Could Snowzzzzzzz Patrol do the same?

Im clutching at straws, arnt i?

5 minutes ago, retromoz said:

i might be clutching at straws......but.....is it possible that Snow Patrol are headling the bbc music stage instead of the main stage? I mean.......i realise they have different demographics, but Mogwai headlined in 2006, and now have headlined the 2nd stage (twice). Could Snowzzzzzzz Patrol do the same?

Im clutching at straws, arnt i?

I don't have complete info, but the info I have indicates they'll be on the main stage.

I can't imagine FR putting a band which had sold out the O2 later this month on the second stage.

I genuinely don't mind Snow Patrol, but just think it really is the most unimaginative of bookings. 

Also not sure they fit with the other potential headliners of LDR and The Strokes. Two cool acts and one which has morphed into the epitome of dad rock. 

as i say, i was clutching at straws. I also didnt realise they can still sell out the o2!!! Fuck me!!! What is WRONG with people?!? I mean.......I dont really mind them either (the first 2 albums are close to being cracking....), but Im at a loss to think why they would have so much fandom about them that they can still, after the mid 2000s high point, sell out the mobile phone enormodome!!!

Course.....it might be not a case of intense fandom, just a lot of people who 'dont mind them' enough to fork out the £50+ to see them, I guess....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They are very samey. Their up-tempo numbers don't seem much more up-tempo than their slow numbers. As I say, I don't mind them but they'd obviously attract some punters - their current tour is all arenas and appear to have sold well. Certainly better than Mumford & Sons did.

6 hours ago, DR OK said:

George Ezra

Strokes

Foals

Maybe?

I'd be pretty happy with this, 3 artists I haven't seen before that would be a good laugh - not sure if its maybe a bit weak?

edit: thought i was in iow thread

Edited by gfa

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 10:37 AM, tobydlb said:

efestivals is pretty sure Snow Patrol are going to be there sooo:

Friday: Snow Patrol

Saturday: George Ezra (probably bigger than snow patrol atm and biggest acts are usually on saturday)

Sunday: Lana del Ray

Give this person gold star!! all 3 right even if Friday and Saturday are the wrong way round

• 1 month later...