Down the rabbit hole

spudling

I went this year for the first time (and have been BKS the last 3 years).

Its really good. The festival site is on a par, if not better, than BKS with the lake next to it which loads of people chilled in during the day. The weather was incredibly hot this year though.

I'd probably say it was marginally more expensive than BKS as they use tokens. Similar kind of food to BKS and some of the stalls were the same. 

The main stage was open air (for the first time I think) and all the other stages are tents. Much more quirky little things going on compared to BKS which really is just about the music (and food to a certain extent). Its bigger than BKS by about 10,000 people I think and there is scope for that to increase in my opinion. 

Anything particularly you want to know?

I'd love to go back but having got Glasto tickets the dates arent ideal so considering Lowlands (which i think is organised by the same people as DTRH.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Is that all three headliners, or one more to come do we reckon? 

Not very clear... Almost a bit like Primavera in presenting the big names. Don't know if you have to expect more big names among Editors, Underworld, Thom Yorke, Foals, Robyn, Skepta, The Roots, Vampire Weekend (top line so far). The order they're in also not clear... Editors is the only clear headliner (in the Netherlands for a 35k festival) among these. Could see another big name coming. 

Tame Impala would have made sense as a headliner here, but are not there apparently. Or added later, but don't expect that. 

To compare, last year's big names:
Queens of the Stone Age / Anderson .Paak / Nick Cave
David Byrne / Fever Ray / Fink / Franz Ferdinand / Leon Bridges / MGMT / Nils Frahm / Odesza / Sampha

26 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Not very clear... Almost a bit like Primavera in presenting the big names. Don't know if you have to expect more big names among Editors, Underworld, Thom Yorke, Foals, Robyn, Skepta, The Roots, Vampire Weekend (top line so far). The order they're in also not clear... Editors is the only clear headliner (in the Netherlands for a 35k festival) among these. Could see another big name coming. 

Tame Impala would have made sense as a headliner here, but are not there apparently. Or added later, but don't expect that. 

To compare, last year's big names:
Queens of the Stone Age / Anderson .Paak / Nick Cave
David Byrne / Fever Ray / Fink / Franz Ferdinand / Leon Bridges / MGMT / Nils Frahm / Odesza / Sampha

Foals headined a day in the 2014 edition, and only grew ever since (expected to release a new album in 2019).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/3/2019 at 12:53 PM, latheroux said:

Is the last bus back into town really at midnight? I see headliners often finish at 1am & DJs go on til about 0430.

Anyone know how much taxis are back into town?

I see the cycle is about 45min from town.

Am going in the campervan now... New additions look great. Cant wait. Usually go to BKS but niw they've moved the dates it clashes with Primavera.

Edited by latheroux

On 2/23/2019 at 10:34 PM, latheroux said:

Am going in the campervan now... New additions look great. Cant wait. Usually go to BKS but niw they've moved the dates it clashes with Primaver

Hi guys, could someone tell, is it final version of line up? Or they gonna add someone later?

20 minutes ago, Kirie said:

Hi guys, could someone tell, is it final version of line up? Or they gonna add someone later?

Complete lineup for the three biggest stages. There will be some smaller additions for the forest stage and probably some dj’s or parties for the night programming on the fields, but those are barely worth mentioning. Check out last year’s clashfinder here (Hotot, Teddy Widder and Fuzzy Lop are now complete):

https://clashfinder.com/m/dtrh2018/?user=0iceiz.fd

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:53 PM, latheroux said:

Is the last bus back into town really at midnight? I see headliners often finish at 1am & DJs go on til about 0430.

Anyone know how much taxis are back into town?

I see the cycle is about 45min from town.

I'd love to know about late night transport too. I suppose the shuttlebus to Wijchen railway station is at midnight so it can connect with the last train in to Nijmegen, which is at 12.33am apparently. As I hope to stay in Nijmegen that weekend, that's a pain as I don't want to miss the headliners. There's nothing on the festival's web site about any alternatives. Is there a taxi rank at the festival site? Are there no private bus companies that put on late night buses, as you find at other festivals?  Any information would be welcome.

12 hours ago, Dr Baker said:

I'd love to know about late night transport too. I suppose the shuttlebus to Wijchen railway station is at midnight so it can connect with the last train in to Nijmegen, which is at 12.33am apparently. As I hope to stay in Nijmegen that weekend, that's a pain as I don't want to miss the headliners. There's nothing on the festival's web site about any alternatives. Is there a taxi rank at the festival site? Are there no private bus companies that put on late night buses, as you find at other festivals?  Any information would be welcome.

2016 the last shuttle bus left at 0.00 Friday/saturday/sunday. Could not find any info on 2017/2018.

Maybe you can ask about taxi prices here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Taxi-De-Waalkade-812752298858245/posts/?ref=page_internal

Don't think I've seen any private bus companies in previous years...it is a medium sized festival without any day tickets and most people camp, so probably not worth the trouble.

11 hours ago, Judithmt said:

2016 the last shuttle bus left at 0.00 Friday/saturday/sunday. Could not find any info on 2017/2018.

Maybe you can ask about taxi prices here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Taxi-De-Waalkade-812752298858245/posts/?ref=page_internal

Don't think I've seen any private bus companies in previous years...it is a medium sized festival without any day tickets and most people camp, so probably not worth the trouble.

Many thanks for this. It looks as though they take bookings for the festival. If not too expensive, I'll make use of that. I especially want to see Janelle Monae.

23 hours ago, Judithmt said:

The shuttle left at midnight in 2017 as well.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Hey everyone not on topic question here. Was looking at getting tickets for Muse @GossardGoffertpark yet it seems sold out. Any 2nd hand ticket sites you can recommend. Thank you. 

I'd recommend using ticketswap:

https://www.ticketswap.nl/event/muse-simulation-theory-tour/regular/671fd22c-d704-4da6-802b-2c644e00e8a4/1079103

• Like 1