Sting?

danbailey80

8 minutes ago, Woffy said:

One year at Glastonbury I returned to the tent after a long painful visit to the long drops the morning after a spicy fish curry.

Told Mrs Woffy my anus felt like it was on fire.

She said "ring sting".

To this day I have no idea how he could've helped.

*fetches coat

Maybe he could have sung King of Pain.

8 hours ago, chatty said:

I'm happy enough to go against the grain here and say I'd be chuffed if Sting played, would be awesome, The Police were class and have class tunes, place would be packed and singing away to every song. 

Message In A Bottle, Can't Stand Losing, Roxanne, Every Breath You Take, Walking On The Moon, Fields Of Gold, De Do Do Do De Da Da Da, I Hung My Head, Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, So Lonely. 

That alone would blow the roof off.

Tbh, I might go. And....I wouldn't go to Maca ?

I blame my parents taste in music entirely for the above comment

Such a shame Sting became so hammy, and his voice is grating regardless. Some of the early Police stuff is pretty rocking. Great musicians. But its all been thrown into the "Sting" bucket of history.  He was a cracking bass player and Summers and Copeland were two of the best to ever do it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, henry bear said:

When did Weller play mid afternoon?

2007, slightly later than the old memory recalls....3rd top of the bill on the Pyramid on the Saturday. I remember waiting expectantly for any Jam songs....Think all we go was Modern World?, the final song of the set

11 minutes ago, Lycra said:

2007, slightly later than the old memory recalls....3rd top of the bill on the Pyramid on the Saturday. I remember waiting expectantly for any Jam songs....Think all we go was Modern World?, the final song of the set

I saw him around the same time at V.  I remember standing in the rain, I was cold, miserable and I said to him "play some Jam songs or I'm going to go".  He didn't.  So I did.  

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

I saw him around the same time at V.  I remember standing in the rain, I was cold, miserable and I said to him "play some Jam songs or I'm going to go".  He didn't.  So I did.  

That is exactly how I felt. I waited and waited and waited on that cold miserable day and got one Jam song from my hero at the last. He felt he was moving on...I felt cheated ?

1 minute ago, Lycra said:

That is exactly how I felt. I waited and waited and waited on that cold miserable day and got one Jam song from my hero at the last. He felt he was moving on...I felt cheated ?

The funny thing is that now I actually think Paul Weller is great as a solo artist, really soulful, great vocals.  Now I would probably like his solo stuff.  But I would still prefer a proper Jam singalong.  Bouncing along to Down in the Tube Station at Midnight, Town Called Malice, Going Underground, Eton Rifles - perfect!