Sting?

danbailey80

Sting announced new greatest hits type tour with police songs playing festivals.

..." Sting: My Songs will tour Europe next summer with very special festival and concert appearances scheduled in Germany with additional dates to soon be announced.  
In Germany, Sting: My Songs will perform at a number of festivals including: Open Air Forcheim (23-June, Forcheim, DE); Emsland Open Ar Lingen (26-June, Lingen, DE); Freilichtbuhne Peissnitzinsel (06-July, Halle, DE); Tollwood Musik-Arena (10-July, Munich, DE), and Kunst!Rasen Bonn (15-July, Bonn, DE).

It's a big hits tour so would obviously work at pyramid headliner.

No room though assuming the cure and macca. He's too big a draw to be playing anywhere else (subbing or west Holt's etc). 

Edited by danbailey80

5 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

For a couple of years Police were the biggest band in the world and yet nobody (well me anyway) ever yearns for a Police reunion.

When they did reunite (about 10 years ago?) I stupidly allowed myself to get caught up with it and bought tickets. Was bored stupid, left halfway through. Worst thing was the support act, who was Sting’s son and sounded just like him, as if one Sting in the world wasn’t enough.

57 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Sting announced new greatest hits type tour with police songs playing festivals.

..." Sting: My Songs will tour Europe next summer with very special festival and concert appearances scheduled in Germany with additional dates to soon be announced.  
In Germany, Sting: My Songs will perform at a number of festivals including: Open Air Forcheim (23-June, Forcheim, DE); Emsland Open Ar Lingen (26-June, Lingen, DE); Freilichtbuhne Peissnitzinsel (06-July, Halle, DE); Tollwood Musik-Arena (10-July, Munich, DE), and Kunst!Rasen Bonn (15-July, Bonn, DE).

It's a big hits tour so would obviously work at pyramid headliner.

No room though assuming the cure and macca. He's too big a draw to be playing anywhere else (subbing or west Holt's etc). 

Last time he played (‘97?) he played about 3rd down on the Pyramid. Wouldn’t have thought he’s any more popular now. There’s no way he’d headline

23 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Last time he played (‘97?) he played about 3rd down on the Pyramid. Wouldn’t have thought he’s any more popular now. There’s no way he’d headline

Yeah I was thinking that, I think he's definitely an option, 3rd slot similar to Robert Plant on Saturday Pyramid would work, probs no room as a sub.

I'm happy enough to go against the grain here and say I'd be chuffed if Sting played, would be awesome, The Police were class and have class tunes, place would be packed and singing away to every song. 

Message In A Bottle, Can't Stand Losing, Roxanne, Every Breath You Take, Walking On The Moon, Fields Of Gold, De Do Do Do De Da Da Da, I Hung My Head, Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, So Lonely. 

That alone would blow the roof off.

20 minutes ago, chatty said:

I'm happy enough to go against the grain here and say I'd be chuffed if Sting played, would be awesome, The Police were class and have class tunes, place would be packed and singing away to every song. 

Message In A Bottle, Can't Stand Losing, Roxanne, Every Breath You Take, Walking On The Moon, Fields Of Gold, De Do Do Do De Da Da Da, I Hung My Head, Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, So Lonely. 

That alone would blow the roof off.

Yeah agreed but only if played by The Police, not his Stinginess on his own. And only if they show real distain for each other ontstage and end in a fist-fight like in the good old days

• Upvote 1

Oh thank god this thread was swift and true with its righteous cut throat annihilation of a sting. Don't let him be getting ideas. He gotta pass purely for and its tenuous enough, for Dune. The rest is icky. 

Don't stand, don't stand so close to me ye spicy cant. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m not saying Sting is past it, but his new name is Stung.

Excellent wordplay so early in the day. ? Beehive yourself, I can’t beelieve you got away with it.

Edited by GMF

One year at Glastonbury I returned to the tent after a long painful visit to the long drops the morning after a spicy fish curry.

Told Mrs Woffy my anus felt like it was on fire.

She said "ring sting".

To this day I have no idea how he could've helped.

*fetches coat