Paredes de Coura 2019

AlexTurnah

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Very impressive and it's a really charming festival and a friendly Portuguese crowd.

Worth noting the National and Parcels are on the 'pre-day'

What do you mean with pre-day? I've always seen it as any other day

This is in my opinion the best festival lineup in Portugal for the next year so far

Edited by young_contra

2 minutes ago, young_contra said:

What do you mean with pre-day? I've always seen it as any other day

This is in my opinion the best festival lineup in Portugal for the next year so far

Only one of the two main stages is open (and it's a Weds, whereas lots of people don't turn up until Thurs) so a lot fewer bands.

1 hour ago, Han-Tyumi said:

Are there any hotels nearby? Is that a decent option? 

it is a small village, so i think houses and room to rent go full pretty fast. camping is not bad but last years it has been very crowded. another option is glamping, by Sleep em all, where you can rent some decent tents in a private part of the camping

• 1 month later...

Hi, hoping for a bit of help with this festival, and whether it's possible to stay in a hotel and travel each day to the festival.  Looking on festicket the hotel packages are for hotels about 15kms away and there's no info on whether they put on any shuttles or anything.  The website isn't really helpful either, so I'm wondering if it's just not possible and it's camping only?  Any help anyone could give would be much appreciated.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:14 PM, HappyWednesday said:

Hi, hoping for a bit of help with this festival, and whether it's possible to stay in a hotel and travel each day to the festival.  Looking on festicket the hotel packages are for hotels about 15kms away and there's no info on whether they put on any shuttles or anything.  The website isn't really helpful either, so I'm wondering if it's just not possible and it's camping only?  Any help anyone could give would be much appreciated.

This is not going to be super helpful but here goes. I've been to this festival almost every year since 2012 (missed 2016). Always camped and I consider the camping site to be half of the festival's experience. It's in a pretty idylic scenario near a small village in the north of Portugal. I would strongly recommend going and camping. If you want a bit more comfort there are glamping options, but being near the river is priceless in my opinion.

if you really want the hotel option it's a bit more complicated since it's a very small village. There areno big hotels in it and the small inns available are generally fully booked a year in advance by the festival's organization for personell and artists. There may be some airbn'b options still available. The only shuttles I know of go from the village to the festival site so this is also not very helpful for your situation. Consider camping or renting a car and driving to and from the festival. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AlexTurnah said:

This is not going to be super helpful but here goes. I've been to this festival almost every year since 2012 (missed 2016). Always camped and I consider the camping site to be half of the festival's experience. It's in a pretty idylic scenario near a small village in the north of Portugal. I would strongly recommend going and camping. If you want a bit more comfort there are glamping options, but being near the river is priceless in my opinion.

if you really want the hotel option it's a bit more complicated since it's a very small village. There areno big hotels in it and the small inns available are generally fully booked a year in advance by the festival's organization for personell and artists. There may be some airbn'b options still available. The only shuttles I know of go from the village to the festival site so this is also not very helpful for your situation. Consider camping or renting a car and driving to and from the festival. 

Many thanks for this.  It's actually very helpful and pretty much in line with the conclusion we've come to ourselves after doing some digging.  Festicket have two hotels as packages, but they are 15kms or so away from the site with no real way of getting to and from easily.  We'd concluded to wait until the glamping options come along and go for that, however you mention about being near the river, is that not the case with the glamping?  Are they set away from the river?  Though I guess you can just walk down there though?  Many thanks for the advice, really looking forward to heading here for the first time.

3 hours ago, HappyWednesday said:

Many thanks for this.  It's actually very helpful and pretty much in line with the conclusion we've come to ourselves after doing some digging.  Festicket have two hotels as packages, but they are 15kms or so away from the site with no real way of getting to and from easily.  We'd concluded to wait until the glamping options come along and go for that, however you mention about being near the river, is that not the case with the glamping?  Are they set away from the river?  Though I guess you can just walk down there though?  Many thanks for the advice, really looking forward to heading here for the first time.

The glamping options are in the middle of the camping site so, it is near the river.  I found this aerial view  from all the camping site, and made  write on it where is all the glamping options (it may be a bit different in 2019, because this picture was took in 2015, but the place  for the glamping options is very similar.  Hope it will help you

From left to right (Glamping  ,   River , Festival itself)

festival-paredes-de-coura.jpg

Edited by Tigane
  • Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:14 PM, Tigane said:

The glamping options are in the middle of the camping site so, it is near the river.  I found this aerial view  from all the camping site, and made  write on it where is all the glamping options (it may be a bit different in 2019, because this picture was took in 2015, but the place  for the glamping options is very similar.  Hope it will help you

From left to right (Glamping  ,   River , Festival itself)

festival-paredes-de-coura.jpg

Fantastic thanks for this.  We've decided to go for the glamping option and staying on site, much easier I think.  They were released last week so we got in early.  Really looking forward to this.

Just now, sinivali said:

+ Connan Mockasin, Baltahazar, Boogarins and First Breath After Coma

Well I've heard of Mockasin but that's about all I can say about those names. Apart from the fact that the last ones are probably fans of Explosions in the Sky

the last ones are a portuguese band, and boogarins are from brazil but have already played in portugal loads of times 

3 hours ago, sinivali said:

Following up on the last few posts, anybody know if are there storage lockers anywhere on the festival site for leaving valuables etc? And what the shower access is like for people who don't feel quite rich enough to pay for glamping? 

For the people that goes for the glamping part, i have no idea.   For the rest of the camping site there are no storage lockers.

For shower you have at least two options.  The one in the camping site, that is separated between women and men, and up the hill in front of the river , but the water is cold.     The second option i know is going to the  locker rooms in the swimming pool  in the village  and you can take a hot shower by only 1 euro

• Upvote 1

Well I've heard of Mockasin but that's about all I can say about those names. Apart from the fact that the last ones are probably fans of Explosions in the Sky

They named the band after the Explosions in the Sky's song.

Balthazar is the best Belgian band since dEUS and never disappoints live. Absolutely love ‘em.