Paredes de Coura 2019

AlexTurnah

4 hours ago, bananaa52 said:

following your logic, Alvvays too

It is also a possibility   We never know if João is posting because he likes the band  or if it is just a teaser.

However Alvvays are in a festival in a boat curated by Belle and Sebastian between 8 and 12 August between Spain and Italy.  

Avi Buffalo are already at Green Man Fest

Better Oblivion Community Center announced some european dates in their debut tour, but they are far from August.   Let's see  what will happen 

45 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Hopefully neither Foals or Tame Impala end up here NOS Alive's sake. I'd love something like Parquet Courts for the first day which is the only one I'm attending

i don't believe any of the them is going to Paredes de Coura.   PAtti Smith , New Order and The National are obvious headliners. The only one  i was doubtful was Father John Misty.  However  Green Man Fest proved that he is also an headliner.

With that said, i doubt that Paredes de Coura will bring more headliner-type bands 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:43 AM, bananaa52 said:

following your logic, Alvvays too

And they were confirmed, so probably the other two  might be added soon.

New instagram story by João Carvalho with a poster from 1999 edition of the festival.  IS it a teaser ?  From that card only 4 bands could come to the festival dEUS (hope not, since they will be doing solo shows already), Suede (really hope that is them, because i love their new album), Lamb  and Mogwai.

54 minutes ago, Tigane said:

And they were confirmed, so probably the other two  might be added soon.

New instagram story by João Carvalho with a poster from 1999 edition of the festival.  IS it a teaser ?  From that card only 4 bands could come to the festival dEUS (hope not, since they will be doing solo shows already), Suede (really hope that is them, because i love their new album), Lamb  and Mogwai.

my bet goes to suede

Seen quite a few questions on here regarding hotels and I can share a Scottish perspective on my experience having attended the festival in 2017, I have my tickets for this year as well as the line up is ridiculous...

First off the festival is amazing. It has a livelier atmosphere than most other festivals I've been to in Europe. In comparison to Primavera, Mad Cool, Glastonbury, Electric Picnic etc the main stage feels far more intimate due to the capacity and the stage being positioned at the bottom of a natural amphitheatre so you can get a great vantage point without any stress. They had a reusable cup scheme which I thought was great - as well as the best toilets I've ever seen at a festival.

We booked an accommodation package in 2017 as it was dirt cheap and we all thought that we'd probably end up dying camping in Portuguese sun. We stayed at Lara Hotel located in Valenca, it was near enough to Vigo airport where we were arriving from and the town had a train station which could get us to Porto afterwards. In assuming that there would be some sort of shuttle bus or taxi service it seemed like a reasonable choice.

Unfortunately there was no bus, so on night one we booked a taxi through the hotel reception and got to the festival which was no real hassle. The issue arose when coming home at night; we walked out to the road expecting there to be some sort of taxi rank or pick up point but there was literally nothing. Fortunately the taxi had contacted me through Whatsapp earlier in the evening so I managed to message them and get picked up after an hour or so of waiting around. For the next three nights we had to prebook our travel with the driver to pick us up at a certain time (this was fine until Beach House ended up delaying their set for whatever reason and we missed 30 mins or so of them). 

Understandably it's a festival catered around camping and I reckon the camping experience undoubtedly adds to the whole vibe but for sure I would melt in the heat so it's simply a no go for me, ideally they probably should mention that transport could be problematic in the information that accompanies the hotel packages. We're staying at the same hotel again this year fully aware of the situation. My advice to anyone who plans on going would be that camping is undoubtedly the easier choice; however if you reckon it'll be too strenuous (like me) then check ahead to see if the hotel runs a shuttle service before booking a package or be prepared to prebook you travel arrangements with a taxi company each night.

Hope that sheds a bit of light!

Also props to @Tigane for being on fire with his detective work.

• Upvote 3

On 2/13/2019 at 10:58 AM, MatheauWillis said:

Seen quite a few questions on here regarding hotels and I can share a Scottish perspective on my experience having attended the festival in 2017, I have my tickets for this year as well as the line up is ridiculous...

First off the festival is amazing. It has a livelier atmosphere than most other festivals I've been to in Europe. In comparison to Primavera, Mad Cool, Glastonbury, Electric Picnic etc the main stage feels far more intimate due to the capacity and the stage being positioned at the bottom of a natural amphitheatre so you can get a great vantage point without any stress. They had a reusable cup scheme which I thought was great - as well as the best toilets I've ever seen at a festival.

We booked an accommodation package in 2017 as it was dirt cheap and we all thought that we'd probably end up dying camping in Portuguese sun. We stayed at Lara Hotel located in Valenca, it was near enough to Vigo airport where we were arriving from and the town had a train station which could get us to Porto afterwards. In assuming that there would be some sort of shuttle bus or taxi service it seemed like a reasonable choice.

Unfortunately there was no bus, so on night one we booked a taxi through the hotel reception and got to the festival which was no real hassle. The issue arose when coming home at night; we walked out to the road expecting there to be some sort of taxi rank or pick up point but there was literally nothing. Fortunately the taxi had contacted me through Whatsapp earlier in the evening so I managed to message them and get picked up after an hour or so of waiting around. For the next three nights we had to prebook our travel with the driver to pick us up at a certain time (this was fine until Beach House ended up delaying their set for whatever reason and we missed 30 mins or so of them). 

Understandably it's a festival catered around camping and I reckon the camping experience undoubtedly adds to the whole vibe but for sure I would melt in the heat so it's simply a no go for me, ideally they probably should mention that transport could be problematic in the information that accompanies the hotel packages. We're staying at the same hotel again this year fully aware of the situation. My advice to anyone who plans on going would be that camping is undoubtedly the easier choice; however if you reckon it'll be too strenuous (like me) then check ahead to see if the hotel runs a shuttle service before booking a package or be prepared to prebook you travel arrangements with a taxi company each night.

Hope that sheds a bit of light!

Also props to @Tigane for being on fire with his detective work.

I assumed pretty much everyone camped. I flew into Porto, took a taxi into town via a large branch of Decathlon by the airport to pick up camping stuff, then a coach to the fest. Was pretty easy.

Remember there being lots of natural shade in the camping zone so we didn't feel the heat and they had showers and a great lake to swim in. It was nothing like the heat of a mid-Summer Spanish festival.

Pretty much loved it though not quite enough choice (could do with one extra stage) and not much on late night. Portuguese people as friendly as they come.