This is Tomorrow 2019

AAlex

44 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Fucking hell, shambles. How was it apart from that?

Really good which is the annoying thing. Everything else felt really fun and friendly, queues never seemed too long. After being at the abysmally organised Catfish show last year I feel like I just have bad luck with festivals in Newcastle ?

I was at this as well, not far from where the problem seemed to be. Theres a video on Twitter reported to be their attempts at fixing it, by propping it up with planks of wood at 45 degree angles.

Apparently the gates opened an hour late? (We weren't there till 6.30).

Also lots of complaints about over zealous security, confiscating things the website said were allowed (like sealed water), and overly restrictive on the A4 sized bag rule - our queue was held up by an argument someone was having with them over the size of their backpack, made worse when someone in the next queue was let in with a much bigger "handbag".

At the end there was an announcement that there would be no refunds at all.

Shame, I actually thought the site was set up well but reckon the bar queues will be shocking when its busier today and tomorrow.

35 minutes ago, WFD said:

I was at this as well, not far from where the problem seemed to be. Theres a video on Twitter reported to be their attempts at fixing it, by propping it up with planks of wood at 45 degree angles.

Apparently the gates opened an hour late? (We weren't there till 6.30).

Also lots of complaints about over zealous security, confiscating things the website said were allowed (like sealed water), and overly restrictive on the A4 sized bag rule - our queue was held up by an argument someone was having with them over the size of their backpack, made worse when someone in the next queue was let in with a much bigger "handbag".

At the end there was an announcement that there would be no refunds at all.

Shame, I actually thought the site was set up well but reckon the bar queues will be shocking when its busier today and tomorrow.

Where was this announcement of no refunds?

10 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Where was this announcement of no refunds?

It was announced over the PA as people were leaving (probably because of the number of people demanding refunds), in amongst the laughable "your safety is important to us" announcements 

14 minutes ago, WFD said:

It was announced over the PA as people were leaving (probably because of the number of people demanding refunds), in amongst the laughable "your safety is important to us" announcements 

Load of rubbish that, when I was at ynot when they had to cancel part of the festival they were fair and gave a 50% refund, I’m not saying this tomorrow should give that much as most of the day was good however they should still refund some of the ticket cost

It was cancelled midway through Foals’ headline set. The crowd wasn’t even really crazy and there was still so much room at the front. Really amateurish by the organisers especially when you throw in that it opened over an hour late, the stories of over zealous security and people being turned away for having items specifically listed as allowed on the website.

It was just on my doorstep and I’m angry. God knows how everyone that travelled felt. Kind of puts me off going back today.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Splodge said:

It was cancelled midway through Foals’ headline set. The crowd wasn’t even really crazy and there was still so much room at the front. Really amateurish by the organisers especially when you throw in that it opened over an hour late, the stories of over zealous security and people being turned away for having items specifically listed as allowed on the website.

It was just on my doorstep and I’m angry. God knows how everyone that travelled felt. Kind of puts me off going back today.

Can’t beat a bit of over zealous security. Saw someone on Facebook saying there were stewards saying “do you want another Hillsborough?”. Heading down today for it and actually looking forward to it, the lineups pretty decent over the full weekend.

In fairness today seemed much better aside from massive queues for toilets. Though I only got there for the last few bands so don’t know how it was earlier in the day, or what it was like at the bars. Still think it’s pretty inexcusable they couldn’t put on a safe event for foals yesterday though. They did the right thing by cancelling if it was safety issue, but they shouldn’t have built the front barrier out of tin foil in the first place. That they’re not offering partial refunds is also pretty poor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 2:33 PM, Samjones said:

Please can you let me know on here if you hear anything back

Hello Harry,

Unfortunately, the opening night of This Is Tomorrow 2019 was cut short due to safety concerns and the show was aborted slightly early to ensure the well being of everyone attending.

On this occasion the festival will not be issuing refunds, Foals had played for over an hour and the festival had been open for seven hours with fifteen great artists across three stages throughout the evening.

Kind Regards.

This was what response I got. They really are incapable of apologising aren't they..

20 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Hello Harry,

Unfortunately, the opening night of This Is Tomorrow 2019 was cut short due to safety concerns and the show was aborted slightly early to ensure the well being of everyone attending.

On this occasion the festival will not be issuing refunds, Foals had played for over an hour and the festival had been open for seven hours with fifteen great artists across three stages throughout the evening.

Kind Regards.

This was what response I got. They really are incapable of apologising aren't they..

If they played for an hour there's no chance of a refund. And its unfair to ask for one really, you lost less than £10 worth of money really - its not even worth them administrating that little of a refund.

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

If they played for an hour there's no chance of a refund. And its unfair to ask for one really, you lost less than £10 worth of money really - its not even worth them administrating that little of a refund.

They didn't play for an hour, more like 40 minutes ish. And I wasn't even that bothered about a refund, just baffled at how they still haven't apologised after two years of fuck ups ?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Sam Fender is at NBHD Weekender the same weekend as this. He'd sell this out very easily. Seems like it could be an easy booking?

Already playing the academy 4 times in December, arena in March and played Newcastle last summer as well, over doing it if he plays this as well

1 minute ago, Samjones said:

Already playing the academy 4 times in December, arena in March and played Newcastle last summer as well, over doing it if he plays this as well

And sold them all out pretty much instantly. I think either he does this or goes for St James in 2021 honestly, he can't be far off.